Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Leather-faced sports seats - re-connolising

peterdove

Having not had my 964 C2 Cab Tip for long, one of the early jobs I wanted to complete was restore the scabby grey leather sports seats. This has now been done and they look INCREDIBLE and just like new ! I would post the before/after photos, but you can't really see the detail in them unfortunately.

I just wanted to let anyone interested know who I used, it was Mark Slade of Benchmark Leather Renovation based in Weybridge, Surrey but operates a mobile service. He can be contacted on : 07720 287944 or here's a link to his Website : www.benchmarkleather.co.uk

Mark was brilliant, a thoroughly nice guy and charged a very sensible rate. So, thanks again Mark, I hope you can help others in the Porsche community experience the quality of your work.

Hi all,

my seats require similar treatment but I'm based in the North West near Manchester.

Can anyone recommend any leather renovation companies up North they have used? :thumb:

Thanks in advance

Ridders

Ridders said:
Hi all,

my seats require similar treatment but I'm based in the North West near Manchester.

Can anyone recommend any leather renovation companies up North they have used? :thumb:

Thanks in advance

Ridders

I was looking into this a while ago Ridders and came across these people.

I haven't used them but they do look pretty good and they are quite near you.

http://www.ferndownservices.com/

I don't really need much doing to mine; I was just thinking that they might benefit from being freshened up!

madasasnake said:
I was looking into this a while ago Ridders and came across these people.

I haven't used them but they do look pretty good and they are quite near you.

http://www.ferndownservices.com/

I don't really need much doing to mine; I was just thinking that they might benefit from being freshened up!

cheers Madasa,

I may give these guys a shout for a quote, I'll let you know the results

thanks again :thumb:

Ridders

leather

Ridders
let us know how you get on with leather work,
I am local to you
thanks

steve

Littleborough

I'll probably have a go at it myself as the only main area of concern is the drivers seat bolster which is scuffed :(

But I found this thread on another motoring website

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=787159

so may have a bash myself :mrgreen: sometime during the winter

Ridders

QUOTE : One thing you can do with a 993 is swap the seat backrest between the driver and passenger seats. This means that the outer bolster becomes the inner bolster and is subject to less wear.

Is this true for 964 , is it a big job ?

ta steve

No idea about swapping the seat backs Stevebozzy I'm afraid :dont know:

maybe some one else has tried it and can advise? :dont know:

Ridders

Dave...Leathercare Warrington about 30m from Unit 11..on the left as you go turn into the estate, no doubt you have seen some lovely cars there as you have driven past...! They swap the seat backs automatically as they split the seats prior to reconnolising. The two guys there are both ex connolly, Steve & Steve! they are top class and its a cheap job. :thumb:

ras62 said:
?..They swap the seat backs automatically as they split the seats prior to reconnolising.

That will certainly make the before and after pictures look amazing. 'Here is a picture of the driver's seat that has been sat in for 100k miles' and here is a picture of the driver's seat after we painted the leather (and swapped he back for a new one).'

:floor:

Jcx said:
ras62 said:
?..They swap the seat backs automatically as they split the seats prior to reconnolising.

That will certainly make the before and after pictures look amazing. 'Here is a picture of the driver's seat that has been sat in for 100k miles' and here is a picture of the driver's seat after we painted the leather (and swapped he back for a new one).'

:floor:

you've lost me there fella...

stevebozzy said:
QUOTE : One thing you can do with a 993 is swap the seat backrest between the driver and passenger seats. This means that the outer bolster becomes the inner bolster and is subject to less wear.

Is this true for 964 , is it a big job ?

ta steve

Apparently the easiest job I've asked my Indy to do :grin: Very easy job with 993/964 seats :thumb:

I might be getting the spanners out.

My bolster is quite a state but refurb will wait until I have made a definite decision on what seats I'm having, but moving the bolster to the passenger side means it will annoy me less.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mister kevlar
Back