Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Leaky Exhaust.....Replacement Options?

Evomanny

I have found a couple of pin hole leaks on one of my silencers, right on the weld where the tailpipe joins. It looks an easy fix but this does ask the question, how much longer before it gets worse? So..... what are the likely options for a couple of new back boxes? I'm not keen on the PSE route due to cost. What aftermarket exhausts have you guys fitted (if any). I did find this which looks very well priced, but I have no idea how well it would fit and sound.

http://www.topgear.co.uk/search/exhausts/topgear-tuning/TGT-55-PS106

It's probably cheap for a reason, but you never know!!!Any opinions?

Thanks

If you don't need/have the Porsche warranty I guess you have a range to pick from. From experience you tend to get what you paid for - I can only comment on the PSE, but have picked up an original back box from a breakers yard in the past which was cost effective

may be help- if your looking to replace with original like for like- i have a pair of gen1 and gen 2 exhaust boxes available for sale (cluttering up my garage!).

tommac said:
may be help- if your looking to replace with original like for like- i have a pair of gen1 and gen 2 exhaust boxes available for sale (cluttering up my garage!).

what price are you looking for on the gen1.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markyt911c4s
Back