Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Leaky car cured - I hope

Weston Matt

Monza
Evening all

I've been having an issue for a while with a wet passenger well after heavy rain. Today I had a play around with the hose and tried to see what was happening.

Ultimately, where the roof gutter trim is fitted, underneath that is where the roof is sealed to the side of the body. Originally I think that is factory sealed, but in my case there has been a gap that been letting water in.

I have resealed the area and now have a dry car (for now)

So, if anyone has a leaky car, check your roof under your roof rack gutter - the previous owner paid circa £500 to sort this and they properly f**ked it up

Matt

Can you do me a favour .. take a picture of the rough area and using windows paint perhaps put an arrow on it pointing to the location of the leak .

I posted about something similar a long time ago .. i'm not quite sure it was the same as yours so would like to confirm .. my fault was a manufacturing defect that had gone unfound for 15 plus years from memory .

I never expected to ever see the same issue again hence id like to confirm they are either the same or different areas .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrmward27
Back