Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Leaking AC Condenser

Swampy

Spa-Francorchamps
After having my AC topped up a few weeks ago it wasn't to long before its not working again.
Whipped off the bumper today and found the culprit.
The OS rad has gone and the NS was replaced 5 yrs ago and still looks good but I was intending to buy a kit from Design911 for both rads and desiccator for £248.
How are Design911 now for delivery? was it was them who had a bit of a reputation for delayed deliveries ?
Any other suggestions ??

Swamps :)

Attachments

• de_123.png
    de_123.png
    107.5 KB · Views: 2,843
  • de_123.png
    de_123.png
    107.5 KB · Views: 2,843
  • rad1_180.jpg
    rad1_180.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 2,843
  • rad1_180.jpg
    rad1_180.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 2,843
Swampy said:
How are Design911 now for delivery? was it was them who had a bit of a reputation for delayed deliveries ?

For a well known brand it seems like a pretty reasonable deal to me :thumbs:

I bought a pad and disc kit for my 991 a couple of weeks ago, it was also well priced and my parts arrived next day.

Try code PCGB010, it should give you a little more off too! :thumb:

I've had no issues with them. On a couple of things I emailed and checked if in stock. All 👍

TonyC911 said:
Swampy said:

For a well known brand it seems like a pretty reasonable deal to me :thumbs:

I bought a pad and disc kit for my 991 a couple of weeks ago, it was also well priced and my parts arrived next day.

Try code PCGB010, it should give you a little more off too! :thumb:

Thanks Tony, I shall check a bit later to see if they have it in stock, thanks for the discount code as well :)

Weston Matt said:
I've had no issues with them. On a couple of things I emailed and checked if in stock. All 👍

:thumbs:

I replaced my condensers last year using RIDEX ones from AutoDoc ...£60 for the pair!

badbadtz said:
I replaced my condensers last year using RIDEX ones from AutoDoc ...£60 for the pair!

Its quite shocking the price difference on theses condensers, they seem to range from £30 to £200+ each :eek:

Swampy said:
badbadtz said:

Its quite shocking the price difference on theses condensers, they seem to range from £30 to £200+ each :eek:

There is a reason why the cheap ones are cheap ... trust me :)

I would tend to go with Porsche O rings .. if purple then ok .. if green .. possibly a bit iffy , downside is Porsche used to make them green , the cheap ones though .. they are green and look cheap .... they also can leak .. again .. trust me !

A bit of pag oil dribbled over the O rings just before fitting is best .. you can fit dry but pag oil reacts with the O rings and makes them swell up .. hence a better seal from the off .

Condensers such as EIS .. the original pipe clamp bolts will be too long .. you have to have some shorter ones .

The ones listed in this thread .. they seem ok but i have no knowledge there .

deMort said:
Swampy said:
badbadtz said:

My cheap ones are 8 years old and still like new.

deMort said:
Swampy said:
badbadtz said:

I would tend to go with Porsche O rings .. if purple then ok .. if green .. possibly a bit iffy , downside is Porsche used to make them green , the cheap ones though .. they are green and look cheap .... they also can leak .. again .. trust me !

A bit of pag oil dribbled over the O rings just before fitting is best .. you can fit dry but pag oil reacts with the O rings and makes them swell up .. hence a better seal from the off .

Condensers such as EIS .. the original pipe clamp bolts will be too long .. you have to have some shorter ones .

The ones listed in this thread .. they seem ok but i have no knowledge there .

I left it the ac engineer to supply them, he recommended the company that he buys from and they come with a 2 year warranty and he said that he's only had a couple that needed replacing in 20 years,
I paid £165 for the pair and a replacement dryer.
He dropped them to me this evening so I shall be doing it in the morning for him to refill in the afternoon.
As for lubricating the O rings he put a smear of silicon grease in each hole for the joint.

Alex said:
deMort said:
Swampy said:
badbadtz said:

My cheap ones are 8 years old and still like new.

Result :D :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Outrigger
Back