Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Le Mans .... On-line live coverage

T8

Super Moderator
I've been following Le Mans on www.24h-lemans.com

Top/Right hand side of banner = TV pictures.

Select EN for commentary you can understand. :lol:

Sadly, Allan Simonsen who was driving the Aston died shortly after the crash.

I keep dipping in and out to monitor what's going on.

The on-board footage showing the speed at which the LMP1 cars go past the GT cars is insane. :eek:

Been watching and still watching on Eurosport live hd,some great racing in the early laps,porsche looking good in there class :thumb:

Allan Simonsen only 34 very sad.

tbrown said:

Very sad news indeed. :eek:

I wouldn't have known it if I hadn't come back on here. There's nothing in the 'latest news' on the 24 heures official site.

T8 said:
tbrown said:

I wouldn't have known it if I hadn't come back on here. There's nothing in the 'latest news' on the 24 heures official site.

Thats horrible news. I just tuned in on Eurosport, i recorded the start but gave up after the stoppage and went to the live broadcast.

Did they mention it on Eurosport, they all seem very upbeat still?

Quote.Did they mention it on Eurosport, they all seem very upbeat still?

Yes they did its 24 hour coverage,yes abit upbeat as you say

T8 said:
tbrown said:

A very sad day. Deepest sympathies go out to his family.

Suggest that you amend the title of the thread. The 58 minutes of the safety car is not the relevant issue here. Either this, or start a new thread.

Goose said:
Suggest that you amend the title of the thread. The 58 minutes of the safety car is not the relevant issue here. Either this, or start a new thread.

Done.

My original intention was only to bring the availability of 'live coverage' to the masses.

At the time of me starting the thread the relevance was simply that after only 13 minutes of the race there had been such a long safety car period.

The length of time was because of how long it took to repair the barrier.

The sister Aston Martin has just crashed out whilst leading its class comfortably in a very similar accident causing another long safety car period.

Thankfully the driver (Makowiecki) is ok.

4.5 hours behind the safety car and there's still more than 4 hours to go.

Worst was 2011 apparently with 4hrs 53 mins. What odds that record being broken this year. :?:

For the first time in my life, I'm hoping another team beats Porsche. Could happen to as the Aston is only 10 seconds behind the RSR in the GTE Pro...

rottenbend said:
For the first time in my life, I'm hoping another team beats Porsche. Could happen to as the Aston is only 10 seconds behind the RSR in the GTE Pro...

Just over an hour to go and these two are still at ... 1 second apart after 22.75 hours! ......

and the heavens have just opened big time.

Think Manthey have got it buttoned up now. Interesting that the car is billed as 911 RSR with no mention of GT3.

AM have had an awful race in many ways.

Senoj said:
Think Manthey have got it buttoned up now. Interesting that the car is billed as 911 RSR with no mention of GT3.

RSRs 1st and 2nd with 5 minutes to go. 16th & 17th overall. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j44k-dv
Back