Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Kwik fit; would you......

acme

use them to replace your 993/P&J AC gas?

As ever Kwik Fit are doing their AC re-gas winter deal, £29. Usually I get my Indy to re-gas the car every couple of years, but all they do is get an external guy in, so why not use Kwik Fit?

I'm thinking of getting it re-done on my daily driver so may as well get the 993 done too;

- what should I look out for, from memory there's a certain type of gas & weight they need to put in?
- anything else I need to be aware of?

Cheers for any tips.....

I did.

It's just connecting up a hose, and then pressing the correct buttons.

The machine knows what chemicals to put in, and the machine does all the tricky stuff.

There has to be a precise amount of gas added. apparantly their info only goes back as far as the 996 range and it's not correct for the 993.
I'm sure somebody on here posted the correct amount for a 993. go forearmed with the right info and you should be ok.
I will do a search if I have a mo.

Had a quick scout round and it would seem that 850 grammes seems to be the recommended figure for a 993.
But don't take my word for it, I'm sure that someone like ToreB would be able to give you a definate answer.

I had my car regassed by Kwik Fit last year.

Although I went along with the correct figure extracted from the Streather book, it wasn't necessary. The fitter asked me to confirm the car's details as he entered them in the machine and it had the correct information for the 993.

IIRC the paperwork they gave me confirmed the amount of gas removed and refilled. I'll check once I get home tonight.

No problem with Kwik-Fit doing this and at the price it makes perfect sense. Also if there is a leak you dont pay :thumb:

KwikFit_Fitters.jpg

"You can't get better than a Kwik Fit fitter, we're the boys to trust" as the song goes

Thanks for the replies fellas, appreciated :thumb:

Neil, if you could check it would be appreciated. It's Zingari's comments/view that worries me!!

Cheers
Gavin

Gavin its 840g to refill.

Ask me how I know? This is what will be required when (not if) your evaporator needs to be replaced as it wont last forever :pc:

http://p-car.com/diy/ac/

I would use them,even they can't really mess it up. as someone else said the machine pretty much does it all for them, once you show them which end the engine is :D

Just make sure they add the right amount of oil

What is this noncey air conditioning sorcery of which you speak ?

I prefer to use the extra 0.25 beefpower, sorry horsepower mine doesn't use on driving any A/C nonsense to drag my completely unnecessary rear wing through the air

Motoberg said:
I prefer to use the extra 0.25 beefpower, sorry horsepower mine doesn't use on driving any A/C nonsense to drag my completely unnecessary rear wing through the air
:grin:
Don't you mean porkpower. :thumb:

Motoberg said:

It's something that is useful when the air temperature is above say 20 C, the normal temperature for England in winter.

Not applicable in Scotland.

orangecurry said:
Motoberg said:

It's something that is useful when the air temperature is above say 20 C, the normal temperature for England in winter.

Not applicable in Scotland.

And yet I bought it from Riegate which from memory is somewhere south of Carlisle ? The Previous owner was obviously some sort of Kalahari Bush man who could stand the extreme temperatures you chaps get 8)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CS4997Gen1
Back