Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Just had remap done.

77jamie

Hi,

i bought my 996 c2 about 6 months ago and have never looked back, but have started to get used to the speed that it produces, so after a lot of carefull research i bit the bullet and got the car remapped.

I went for a company called Remap science, they are based up near Bradford area but have mobile technicians that will come out.

The whole process took 1 hour, they copied the existing map, sent it to the workshop via email, they altered it and sent it back, the technician loaded it back onto the car and then i went for a test drive.

A great deal more responsive, managed to iron out the flat spots and made the car a lot of fun again! :thumbs:

I would certainly recommend them www.remapscience.co.uk

Good luck all they use is a generic map would not let them near my engine

And your negative responses are based on what exactly? If you have knowledge on this company that justifies your post then please do share. I'm looking to have this done on my C2 and all I ever find are post like this with no background or subjectivity which makes it next to impossible to choose a vendor. I've had my last 4 cars chipped and both my bike and the girlfriends have PowerCommanders on them so I'm fairly familiar with tuning and there's nothing wrong with a generic map for a standard engine.

ark said:
Good luck all they use is a generic map would not let them near my engine

If the car is standard then this is reasonable isn't it? Sure you might not get the last 1/2hp from the car, it isn't as if the manufacturer will put an engine specific map on the car when it is made.

MC

77jamie said:
A great deal more responsive, managed to iron out the flat spots and made the car a lot of fun again! :thumbs:

The result is what matters. 77Jamie is happy so I say well done for finding a good company who do a good job for reasonable price

chr15w said:
77jamie said:

The result is what matters. 77Jamie is happy so I say well done for finding a good company who do a good job for reasonable price

+1. I'm calling them tomorrow.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benny-g
Back