Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

just driving it and enjoying sweet music

tim993

I've just come back from a nice 90 mile round trip to Dorset on nice windy A/B roads - mostly dry, except sleet or (was it light snow?) from Salisbury to Wimborne which made for poor visibility. The turbo was running very nicely indeed - creamy smooth with oodles of torque to punch the car out of bends and nice soft Koni FSDs providing for a comfy ride.

That's all really, except to say I saw a lovely 993 (reg plate started E1, in a bluey colour) earlier in the day heading out of Andover on the A343. :thumb: to whoever you are 8) . Thought it was just Martin and I round these parts who drive Porsche's finest...

tim

(Oh - and the music (mainly flat-sx, mixed with some Jamiroquai, Rush and Led Zep) was most excellent and clear with a lovely deep base.)

Funny, I always listen to Jamiroquai in the 993 too, yet never at any other time :?

Just seems to suit the car 8)

Really need to get out in mine soon. I've not driven it much at all :nooo:

Listen to Led Zeppelin and driving around. That fits. :thumb:

Glad you still like the FSD's Tim. getting very popular now with owners.

One word for your musical collection: BOSTON

Tim I got a bit lost on the way home from Silverstone yesterday as the A34 was closed due to an accident , I doubt it was me but I did have a blast on someof back roads from Whitchurch towards Andover until I found a signs for the A303 around 5 oclock :?:

Kim - I'm adjusting to the FSDs - it's taken a while after so long on the KWs. I think they allow more of the power to be deployed, though at the expense of some stability. But yes, I'm glad I followed your lead. May play with the tracking a bit to get the optimal balance, but need to find a Porsche indie who will drive the car and 'feel the handling' as much as measure the stats.

Tony - probably not you unless your plate starts E1 :?: However, if you do get chance to drive the roads round here then go for it. I think there are some very Porsche friendly routes to be enjoyed 8)

Re Boston - will look into them. Have recently rediscovered Mick Jagger's solo albums and had forgotten how damn good they are.

tim

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markyt911c4s
Back