Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Just bought my first 993

DYFAN

Hi,

Just thought I'd introduce myself and thank you all for the numerous helpful posts I came across in the search for my 993.

To cut the story short I have bought a 1994 manual coupe in polar with classic grey sports seats, 72k on the clock.

I can't get enough of driving the car; although cosmetically OCD has already started. There is some very minor bubbling on the leading edges of front and rear wings (under the wheel arches). I get the feeling this would be fine for a few years yet, but I'm already thinking of a double sided respray to nip it in the bud!

Other plans include an European road tip and maybe the motorsound air box...

Attachments

• dsc_1868_185.jpg
    dsc_1868_185.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 4,518
Welcome from another very happy new 993 owner :D

I just need to learn how to post pictures!

Cheers John

:welcome: Well done, enjoy :thumbs:

Welcome! What a fantastic looking car! I recently purchased mine too and am on :cloud9:

Did you buy private or from a dealer? What car did you have previously?

I had the same check-list as you. Got the motosound box, then went for a Hollamby bypass and off on a road trip to the South of France next Friday

:thumbs:

Hi thanks all.

Bought privately after seeing a few 100k+ examples with dealers for ~£20k and realizing that they all needed some degree of work. I travelled a bit to view some and ended up buying one from 1 mile down the road!

Always had my mind set on varioram, however this one just looked and felt right!

How much difference did you find the motorsound box makes? Just makes it a bit throatier? My car currently has some RUF tips fitted, which I presume are just cosmetic although the car burbles nicely :D

Good luck with the trip to France! Have you got AC? I'm planning to get down to the Italian/French alps later in the summer...with no AC :sad:

DYFAN said:
Hi thanks all.

Bought privately after seeing a few 100k+ examples with dealers for ~£20k and realizing that they all needed some degree of work. I travelled a bit to view some and ended up buying one from 1 mile down the road!

Always had my mind set on varioram, however this one just looked and felt right!

How much difference did you find the motorsound box makes? Just makes it a bit throatier? My car currently has some RUF tips fitted, which I presume are just cosmetic although the car burbles nicely :D

Good luck with the trip to France! Have you got AC? I'm planning to get down to the Italian/French alps later in the summer...with no AC :sad:

Mine has got A/C but i only used it once in my 997 and that wasn't on my trip to france! Just open the sunroof when you are driving fast :)

Yes, the motor sound box did make a difference, but paired with the bypass it is :puh:

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=83825&start=60

Hello from another new owner.

I'm pleased with the motor sound box. There seems to always be one on ebay for c£92 but I managed to pick a second hand one up for £60. The other option is to simply drill holes in the side which you can't see when fitted but you don't get the nice chrome inlet :grin:

Re the tips they would be cosmetic but your car may already have RSR's which externally look like stock or a bypass which you can see. Best to compare against a known stock one as once you know the sound RSR's are obvious.

Don't forget to check your light switch bulb is working :?:

+1 motor sound box

Cannot get enough of that varioram noise, changing between 3rd and 4th and keeping it pinned is an aural treat!

Lovely looking car. Congratulations!

+1 on the silencer bypass. This mod really does allow you to hear that glorious flat 6 as it is meant to be heard! (Plus of course sports cats ) :grin:

Great looking car and the best colour combo (although I am biased :D )

Has the suspension been sorted ?? Looks at about sport height to me so that's good news if it has.

Have you thought about taking the car back to amber indicators ?? I think the amber against silver is a great contrast and quite retro which adds to the coolness factor :?:

Enjoy the slippery slope, you've come to the right place :thumb:

Hi There

Welcome on board. Lovely car. So you have the early big bolster soft back seats yes? I would like to see an interior shot if you get the chance. When you deal with the minor rust on the arches, get your man to have a very good look at the passenger side sill and make sure there is no corrosion there. Be a shame to paint the sides and miss that. It has a thick undercoat under the paint and it hides rust quite well.

Berni

jd2 said:
Welcome from another very happy new 993 owner :D

I just need to learn how to post pictures!

Cheers John

Hi jd2. To post pictures make sure you size them down to less than 400 pixels on the long side otherwise they seem to get rejected when you click on 'add attachment'

Cheers

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xx22
Back