Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ive seen this and its awesome !!!! Fast Fast car

JohnnyDangerous

Estoril

And road legal and driveable !!!!

This is a friend of mines Subaru which won 10 of the best this year beating that GTR by almost half a second over the quarter mile. He missed out on the top speed by .4 of mile an hour! He only managed 210.4 over a standing mile! The difference being he built it completely on his own with no outside help atall in a little garage ! He also drove to the event from just outside Edinburgh and then drove home again.

Watch this.

http://youtu.be/LnsK9Pji_SY

wells said:
This is a friend of mines Subaru which won 10 of the best this year beating that GTR by almost half a second over the quarter mile. He missed out on the top speed by .4 of mile an hour! He only managed 210.4 over a standing mile! The difference being he built it completely on his own with no outside help atall in a little garage ! He also drove to the event from just outside Edinburgh and then drove home again.

Watch this.

http://youtu.be/LnsK9Pji_SY

Yes Andys car is VERY impressive and I am not going to get into a my mates car is better than your mates car scenario but they are 2 very different cars, Andy may well have driven his car to TOTB I would not know but it was traillered to Marham and rightfully so, I will trailer the Porsche to a lot of events next year, purely because IF something breaks its easier to get home and I like to go in my RV and live there in comfort. Now Ive had 'street Cars' like Andys and they are not nice to drive but can be to prove a point if you need, for a start when it does the handling course it has a wing on the front that would be completley illegal on the road as you can hardly see where you are going, both cars will have had a massive amount of money thrown at them and Andy does own a tuning shop (Andy Forrest Performance)so its not like its built on his drive, Jon Hatton has paid SVMotorsport to build his car as he is not a mechanic, no different to someone asking Andy to build a car similar to his. The GTR is aside from a cage just as Nissan sent it out the factory inside and will be just as nice to drive, for example my pal Jamie did Marham after driving there, ran 6 secs 30-130 then 202mph letting off early and the following day set off for Port Banus !!!!! Now thats prob more impressive than either of the other cars. Now at Marham Andys car was slightly quicker 30-130 but only managed 158 mph (at guess geared down !!!!) Hattons was 4.4 30-130 and 239mph.Like I said both cars are awesome, both cars are 'street legal' only one is a real street car in my eyes (stereo, air con, electric windows and real dashboard)In fact due to the cage the GTR is now heavier than a stock car!!!! Oh and both cars are built in one shop !!! Andy is without a doubt one of THE top Subaru tuners and does do all the tuning, building and mapping himself, really great guy as well. But make no mistake this IS a fully stripped race car(1000kg) that happens to be street legal.

Oh and BTW even more impressive for both cars its not a standing mile its a standing KM :thumb:

Andy ran an unbelievably quick 8.33 in the final but Jon beat this skyline that has run 8.1 and is a world record holder
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh3ucJ18NEE

Porsche News said:
quite impressive, now needs an even longer run to break 400kph and inch towards 250mph...

I would imagine with gearing and a long enough runway thats not too hard, the car has more power to come so it will pull different gearing easily.

JohnnyDangerous said:
Porsche News said:
quite impressive, now needs an even longer run to break 400kph and inch towards 250mph...

I would imagine with gearing and a long enough runway thats not too hard, the car has more power to come so it will pull different gearing easily.

harder than it sounds, speed records are something else

there are a lot of Russian Turbo charged cars all packing 1000-1500bhp and then some

all these times are very impressive and great to see true sub-10 seconds quarter mile cars then really perform on the full mile

A Toyota Supra ran 246 mph @ the texas mile, thats from a standing start :dont know:

I have some 'interesting' mods lined up for mine over winter 8) Lets just say I expect it to be rather rapid :worship:

JohnnyDangerous said:
I have some 'interesting' mods lined up for mine over winter 8) Lets just say I expect it to be rather rapid :worship:

It's about time we had some seriously quick 911's beating the Jap crap - go for it

I was up at Statllers in Sheffield last week having some work done on my Golf, Steve's 997t is a bit of a beast at around 700bhp. :)

Sustanon400 said:
I was up at Statllers in Sheffield last week having some work done on my Golf, Steve's 997t is a bit of a beast at around 700bhp.

I saw it run at Marham.

30-130 in 9.19 seconds

196.24 mph top whack. :worship:

Gotta be good for 200+ at somewhere like Bruntingthorpe.

T8 said:
Sustanon400 said:
I was up at Statllers in Sheffield last week having some work done on my Golf, Steve's 997t is a bit of a beast at around 700bhp.

I saw it run at Marham.

30-130 in 9.19 seconds

That's the beast , love it !!

Great bloke too

T8 said:
Sustanon400 said:

I saw it run at Marham.

30-130 in 9.19 seconds

Its done 205 at V.Max already and Steve was gutted it would not crack 200 but the headwind was massive. 700 prob wont cut the mustard with what I want the car to do :hand:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fluellen
Back