Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

I've gone NUDE !

jackal2513

Baku
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

nude.jpg

Somehow it never seemed right for it to just say Carerra on the back. "911" I don't think i'd like as its too short a word and Carerra RS would just be plain wrong. So I guess nude seemed the best compromise and I think I kinda like it.

On another note, I have to say its a fairly big shock to get back in the 993 after 5 weeks or so of the GT3. It's like it was made in the Stone Age ! You soon realise how much fun it is though, especially at low and medium speed where it has a fair bit more character.

Deffo need to get some sort of sportscat though. My pipes are just way too loud so if anyone has a secodnhand one do let me know.

I think you appreciate the lines of the car more nude, less to distract the eye, great colour I like the way the plate blends into the paintwork. :thumb:

Got an original cat which has been modified to 200 cell if your interested.. going back to standard.

H

Anything is better than the current 991 which is over badged in the extreme!!

PeterS said:
You cant do that!

How will people know what car it is?

:dont know:

Where's the "Like" button on this forum?

Bristol4Boris said:
Anything is better than the current 991 which is over badged in the extreme!!

Very important for marketing in the far East apparently. I am still baffled as to why so few people choose the delete option over here though. Maybe they should have options to delete only one of either the Porsche lettering or the model inscription rather than all or nothing (though I am sure that the dealer could sort it for buyers either way).

Not sure myself. :?: Think something is better than nothing, and, you dont want people thinking its a Coving or something! :eek:

Zuffenhausen :O) said:
Not sure myself. :?: Think something is better than nothing, and, you dont want people thinking its a Coving or something! :eek:

+1

How about

Carrera +

or

Hatter

or

...don't try and follow me round this corner as my suspension is better than yours...

Zuffenhausen :O) said:

I am sure EVERY Covin rep owner has fitted a Carrera (or Turbo :roll: ) badge (like those dreadful Ferrari reps that have about 200 badges dotted around the car on every flat surface!)

This is a form of inverted snobbery: only the real deal would remove the label.

GT4 said:
I am sure EVERY Covin rep owner has fitted a Carrera (or Turbo :roll: ) badge

That's quite an assumption, I suggest you go look at the Covin gallery at their UK website, I did, god damn it! 8) Having said that there's some unique engineering going on in there, including a black 993 replica that's looks remarkably familiar, my eyes, my eyes!!! :floor:

As a newbie I love the badge on the back of the 993 but agree the current cars are way over badged.

I'll leave it there as I'm still exhausted after the never ending ///M badge on a none ///M BMW debate. I have threatened to put a spare ///M badge on the back of the 993 though just to wind them up :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlfaMax1996
Back