Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

It's a Miracle

Alan Weston

Trainee
Driving home the other night like many through the sudden blizzard here in the midlands had much fun with the car going sideways etc. Had psm on, off, 1st gear 2nd , finally managed to get car home and on (gravel) drive. I normally reverse on so I can reverse into the garage, but this time I pulled straight on, thought I'd better not push my luck. Couldn't then get the car off the drive to turn round (to reverse into garage) its was stuck fast. Decided to just drive straight into garage, after digging wheels out a bit. Now my garage is a bit of a tight fit. In fact when the car is in, the garage door rests just about on the front bumper. This time because it was the other way round the car is (of course) a different shape at the back so when I shut the garage door it pushed into the bumper. When I opened the door the next morning there was a bump and scratch on the rear bumper about the size of a matchbox(the bump not the scratch), shxx. I tried polishing out the scratch, but there was still a noticeable dent in the rear bumper. I thought ***** more repairs, it's only just come back from the bodyshop. I was depressed for the rest of the day, but decided to go out later for a meal. Parked at the pub my wife says

"where's that bump gone?", eh? looked and bxxxxx me if it hadn't disappeared! I couldn't even find the spot where it was!

Must have jolted it just right and it popped back out?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116262

Miracles do happen....just don't try it again! :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116264

Everyone deserves a bit of luck like that! :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116267

get a 3.2... has nice rubber things that stop you damaging paintwork.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116328

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Malaking
Back