Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Italy dates

jackal2513

What do we think on dates ?

July and August best avoided IMO as it will be mental busy just about everywhere. May is too soon IMO and October/November arguably too late and too cold. The dolomites is a lot warmer than Switzerland alps so no problems with Sella pass etc. being open ('September tends to be clear and fairly warm with good consistent weather through to the middle of October. Snow begins to arrive around the end of December.')

My personal vote would be for september after all the kids have gone back to school (26th of august in Italy for example). The weather will still be nice, no problems with snow either. The other good option would be june.

Can people state their preferences or any months/weeks they CAN'T make

I would prefer June, as I cant wait!

Family hols late July.

lol, i have just had a hols and am going on another in April so for me i'd rather wait and savour it in September. The longer i leave it the better car I can buy as well for it :D

September for me.

Could potentially do either but there are a couple of dates I'd need to avoid in June. If we did go in September what does that mean for a follow-up mini-tour like the highland fling last year?

June would certainly suit me better guys but its always difficult nailing a month/week for these kind of things.

June for this September for Ireland my patience is wearing thin I NEED to drive on warm roads with sticky tyres book it sooner rather than later :judge:

jackal2513 said:
lol, i have just had a hols and am going on another in April so for me i'd rather wait and savour it in September. The longer i leave it the better car I can buy as well for it :D

So the sooner we go, the less chance there is of you being able to but another car.

Great, def June, bring Snap.

:thumb:

chimp911 said:
Could potentially do either but there are a couple of dates I'd need to avoid in June. If we did go in September what does that mean for a follow-up mini-tour like the highland fling last year?

late september :?: :grin:

September for me

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveW56
Back