Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Is there a way or site that I can check the spec of my 996

happyman1

As per the title. Also reading the other threads my sound system is superb, great quality and lots of base, think it must be a bose system.

If you've got option codes on the under bonnet sticker or in the service book post them up and there's few of us that can look them up for you.

If not .... join the PCGB and get value out of your subscription by applying for your free 'Certificate of Authenticity' which lists all the options that your car was supplied with.

There is a way you can find out from your VIN but I can't recall how that now works since the decoder website I used a few years closed.

There's a VIN and option decoder on the FAQ page at the bottom of the forum page. 5th or 6th thread down. Should sort you out.

Re: Is there a way or site that I can check the spec of my 9

happyman1 said:
As per the title. Also reading the other threads my sound system is superb, great quality and lots of base, think it must be a bose system.

If you have the BOSE option it will say BOSE on the speakers.

DavidL said:
There's a VIN and option decoder on the FAQ page at the bottom of the forum page. 5th or 6th thread down. Should sort you out.

From that thread you can still link to a VIN decoder but that doesn't tell you anything about what options a specific car has.

The link to the Autoatlanta site is the one I used for my C4 but it has been closed for a while now.

If the OP has got the requisite option code numbers from his car or service book stickers the link that GT4 has posted provides a translation of those code numbers.

Option code M680 is BOSE (when MOST, or DIGITAL SOUND PACKAGE when non-MOST)

What year is your car?

Thanks guys. can just about read the codes. Some might be wrong but this is what I can read sort of... 249/413/425/432/435/437/438/448/475/492/538/587/659/682/880/829/981/983

there are some more but i cannot read them. its a 2000 C4 TIPTRONIC S.

Some help would be great. the sound system is very good though if its not BOSE.

CHEERS

jim

happyman1 said:
Thanks guys. can just about read the codes. Some might be wrong but this is what I can read sort of... 249/413/425/432/435/437/438/448/475/492/538/587/659/682/880/829/981/983

there are some more but i cannot read them. its a 2000 C4 TIPTRONIC S.

Some help would be great. the sound system is very good though if its not BOSE.

CHEERS

jim

P19 = M490 + M680
Harman 10-speaker setup + DSP

photo.jpg

Check the VIL on page 3 of your service book, it should be clearer.

Or ask OPC/Porsche GB customer services for a VIN decode (ie build spec from chassis number)

cheers. i guess i have a harmon as I have all those options via my sat nav screen.i dont have the service book as porsche are sending me a duplicate. i can see a t least 6 speakers and it has loads of bass. can anyone confirm the colour of the car

Uploaded with ImageShack.com

you have been most helpful thanks
jim

Answered on your other thread. I think it's Orient Red.

ps. Where in Kent are you?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markt13
Back