Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

is the single din CDR23 cd player standard single din size ?

fastmonkey

I put a deposit down on a 996 c4s yesterday, a car I return to after a 2ish year absence :D

In my previous c4s I replaced the PCM2 with a Pioneer double din due to the inadequacy of the standard unit.

In my new car I plan to stay on single din and am looking at the DAB equipped Alpine CDE-136BT.

The specific question I have is on removal of the CDR unit, is the whole and facia size the same as a standard single din or does it need any modification or a trim panel other than the standard Alpine one ?

I realise there is the most and Bose complication but that's questions for another day !

yes, replaced mine with a flip out pioneer headunit, easy install.
I have on my previous 996's installed a double din conversion, but not had the time and this is a good fit...

Thanks, what is the wiring connector that goes into the Porsche OEM CDR-23 unit ?

Is there an aftermarket harness adaptor as I want to keep everything as standard as possible ?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blueteddybear
Back