Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Is it sad?

Elite Detailing

Is it sad if you went out and bought an earlyish 996 C2/C4 with an aerokit (GT3)?

cheers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56515

Oh dear, what have you done?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56516

Way to go G, as long as you can afford to keep it running :D

Welcome to the club?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56517

Thanks, No I havnt bought one but am thinking about it. I need to read/look up about the bad points on the early 996's. (year 1998-2001) I really want a Porsche.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56520

Go for it, but pick the right one for YOU IMHO any 911 is better than no 911.

OOP's.............. wheres the flak jacket :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56522

G Unit,

Buy my car, you know it makes sense :D
Plus you will not have all the M96 engine problems that plague the 996 :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56526

I might be going to check out a C4 this wk. Silver, 28k miles. No sat nav but everything else. X plate 2001, with GT3 wheels. Apart from the cosmetics and Daz's car looking nicer(colour wise) what other differences are there?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56669

Not much G,

other than a 3.4 engine mine is 3.6

facelift headlights

that pretty much it, unless you get a C4S

It is not sad at all, and I wish you the best of british in your search.

IMHO the GT3 bodykid is the Boollo** on the pre facelift car, so go for it and above all get a good detailing

Daz :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56670

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by G-Unit on 02 May 2006

I might be going to check out a C4 this wk. Silver, 28k miles. No sat nav but everything else. X plate 2001, with GT3 wheels. Apart from the cosmetics and Daz's car looking nicer(colour wise) what other differences are there?
I don't understand why sat nav seems to be so important these days, surely it gets out of date within a couple of years, you can't get upgrade maps after a couple of years and then your dash has this useless lump of plastic stuck in the middle.

Personally I find a map coupled with a vague sense of direction works a treat!

Obviously I could just be a luddite and completely wrong.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56678

Worked for me today as I was in the 230k miles supertrooper, sat nav a nogo, however 55mgp

thank you very much

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56683

Daz is the 3.6 engine in the C4S engine only? 3.4 is no good is it?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56691

G, the 3.4 is allmost equal to the 3.6, the diffrence in power output is 300 as oposed to 320 in the 3.6

My first 911 was a 3.4 C2 996, which was faster than my present 996, however you wont find this if you buy a C4 cos of the weight and power distrubution diffrence.

The best buy you could have is a 99 C2 with GT3 kit, some miles, manual FSH, Shortened gear change, sports exhaust and GT3 wheels, they are about and dont pay more than £31k for a 99

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56693

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 02 May 2006

G, the 3.4 is allmost equal to the 3.6, the diffrence in power output is 300 as oposed to 320 in the 3.6

My first 911 was a 3.4 C2 996, which was faster than my present 996, however you wont find this if you buy a C4 cos of the weight and power distrubution diffrence.

The best buy you could have is a 99 C2 with GT3 kit, some miles, manual FSH, Shortened gear change, sports exhaust and GT3 wheels, they are about and dont pay more than £31k for a 99

Daz

Thanks Daz, will the C2 have decent handling and PSM?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56703

You can get the C2 with PCM, on the earlier models it is called TC, same horse diffrent jocky.

they all have decent handling, the only reason i got a C4S, is cos it had the body of the tt, the suspension and brakes, full leather, etc etc, if I could have got a C2S then I would have

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56704

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkivalex
Back