Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Interior lights stay on?

highway

I noticed that my interior lights came on while both doors closed and switches set to operate only when doors open. I seem
To remember reading something here recently explaining what the likely cause of this problem is. I have turned both lights off via the switches but if there is a short somewhere I'd like to sort it.

Can anyone link me to the relevant thread?

Wire come off the back of one of the door pin switches and earthing on the body shell? Remove switch fish out wire and reattach, assuming the connection hasn't broken off the back of the door switch

Read somewhere that this can be linked back to the CCU but you need to test all the plungers first including boot and engine compartment as this is the (cheap) easy fix.

IIRC it was discussed on RL in the 964 forum not too long ago.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benny-g
Back