Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Insurance - TOP TIP!!!

mike creer

Ladies and Gents,

Thought it my duty to share this piece of good fortune with you in order that those of you renewing your Porsche Insurance may benefit also!!

For the past two or three years Ive been charged anything from £770 for M3 Insurance to just under £900 for my 2004 C4S Insurance.

Im a "forty-something"male,clean licence,no convictions,8 years no claims,vehicle on driveway.

Renewable quote from my insurer was £880. I've also had a quote of £1079 from the braekdown company with the yellow vans! After getting www.confused.com to trawl through various quotes I was presented with a quote of £462. That was with my wife on the policy BUT without "No Claims Protection"(because Ive had a minor fault claim and she's had a "NO fault"claim) Then I was confused!!

eventually I've taken her off the policy(she agreed!! Phew!) but RETAINED the NCP and had a quote off £510!!!

HOWEVER - the quote was from MORE TH>N (Hope that's not breaking forum rules by naming them).

That's a saving of...wait for it................£370!! A SAVING!!

Hope I did the right thing by ensuring NCP.

Good luck to all.

Best wishes

Mike

Migration info. Legacy thread was 71137

No Mystery,

Just corrrupt, bent, and terrible to deal with,

Cant live without it, cant live with it.

Regards

Migration info. Legacy thread was 71139

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 24 August 2006

No Mystery,

Just corrrupt, bent, and terrible to deal with,

Cant live without it, cant live with it.

Regards
<cough... splutter...>

Migration info. Legacy thread was 71147

I'm no Insurance expert but isn't 6 yrs NCB the max discount already? So you had 8 yrs NCB, if you had an accident you loose 2yrs NCB and you still have max NCB discount, so why bother with NCP? Saying that, I've got 8yrs NCB too, and I've got NCP as well.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 71176

Mick,

I am looking forward to Doni,

looking forward to having a meet up, top time

Migration info. Legacy thread was 71179

Yup, very much looking forward to it, are you coming to Bedford on 14th Oct too? Not far from me either, so B&B sorted here!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 71185

Oh yeh forgot to mention....the "Customer Manager" I spoke to (just to "check things out") told me that TWO weeks ago MORE TH>N(who are Royal&Sun Alliance) were NOT insuring Group 20 vehicles.

They've only recently decided to venture into this area of the market.

Good news for all of us I say! Further they'll give more discount on any other vehicles.

Cheers,

Mike

Migration info. Legacy thread was 71189

Thanks Mick,

I will have a look in the diary. :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 71191

Just got a qoute from More Than via Confused. Com

£433.72. Fully Comp for my 996 C4S. My Insurance is up for renewal middle of September, so i will be going with this qoute. My renewal thru my existing company Liverpool Victoria is nearly £1200.

Thats what i call a good saving for same cover

Migration info. Legacy thread was 71501

Only works if you are over 35! So one for the old-folk then! :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 71533

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 29 August 2006

Yipee I'll polish my zimmer frame with pride tonite, I might even treat it to some Zymol. :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 71538

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Rob J on 29 August 2006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 29 August 2006

Yipee I'll polish my zimmer frame with pride tonite, I might even treat it to some Zymol. :)

At least getting old has its advantages! :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 71544

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Damos_Cars
Back