Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Installed Solisto but . . .

Flying Clog

Trainee
Morning all,

My Solisto Extra turned up this morning so I was keen to install it.

The radio keys I have are thin strips of metal which cut into the fingers but with some "wiggling" the old CDR-21 came out.

The 1.5m meter cable plugs easily (only one way it can fit) into the AUX (C block) on the back of the radio and screws nicely into the Solisto Extra box.

Using the iPhone / iPod compatible cable plugged into the Solisto box, my iPhone 4S started charging immediately and then selecting "CD-C" from the radio menu, it started playing music straight away !! Plays your playlists automatically or you can take manual control of your iDevice and play anything through the radio.

However - after plugging everything back together - I have now lost radio reception over the "normal aerial".
I've tried taking the aerial connector apart and all seems ok. The radio booster fuse is also good.

Any ideas what this might be ??

Cheers
Steven

The windscreen radio aerial on the 993 is notoriously troublesome. Some people have never had a problem and the radio works well, others, like me have had nothing but grief.
Simple test... if you can get a length of wire, about 0.75 of a metre long and just poke it into the aerial connector of the radio and it bursts into life, then there's your answer.
The solution is not so easy. I found with mine that somebody had butchered the aerial cable from the pre-amp. I managed to get it working to a fashion by fitting another plug and a short extension lead, but it still doesn't work very well. I was going to try a new pre-amp but they cost around £130 +vat.
first thing to check is that you are getting a power feed from the radio to the pre-amp. If you are not, the pre-amp will act as a signal blocker rather than an amp. My radio had a 12v out for this purpose.
Good Luck.

pretty sure the aerial booster gets its power from the radio - you might have disturbed the power wire on the radio's DIN connector - worth a double check.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manx100red
Back