Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Indie recommendations

shaunsm

Hi All,

Does anyone know of a reputable Indie in the Buckinghamshire area, I know there's a few in Oxford but wondering if there is one closer to home?
Just after a minor service and MOT,

Thanks in advance.

I always found OPC to be cheaper for a service than indies (have a laugh and ring indies first to compare) Design 911 best for disc & pad kits then get local garage to fit :thumb:

RPMtechnik or Autofarm

MRCtuning in Banbury .

JZM in Kings Langley?

As said though, don't discount (no pun intended) an OPC.

Thanks for the replies, I'll give JZM a call as they are fairly close and will also check with nearest OPC,

As the car so far has full service history my initial intention was to do the servicing myself but fear I might lose value by not having service stamps hence my question, or do people not bother too much with full service history when buying given that the car is over 10 years old and just below 85k miles?

Northway near Reading are very good but they might be a bit far from you.

I'd rather a car had been serviced at reputable indies than OPCs.

Personally, I don't think it matters if you've serviced it yourself, providing you keep a fully documented schedule of the work done with bills to support. And assuming you do a good job of it, of course!

It may restrict your list of potential buyers as some people only like full OPC, but done properly I wouldn't expect it to reduce value.

I'd wholeheartedly recommend Porschetorque - http://www.porsche-torque.com/

It's run by Sid (who used to post on here as Sid Spanner),
He's the former Service Manager at OPC Hatfield and was then at RSJ as Service Manager for a while and he set up his own company a couple of years ago.

He's great value and knows everything about our cars!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xx22
Back