Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

In Car Sat Navigation ? in the DIN slot

Porsche

Donnington
has anyone got one fitted..?

having been looking around there only seems to be offering from

Alpine = INA-333RS... by far the best by the looks of it but at circa £1000

ina-n333r.jpg

Becker = Indianapolis... very much an OEM porsche look at circa £800

indianapolis_7920.jpg

and Blaupunkt = DX-70.... leading the three in the value for money option at circa £600

dxn-70ssmall.jpg

any views...?????

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17922

Or how about the Blaupunkt Travelpilot with a free Digital camera for £469?? (plus a tenner for delivery)

http://www.caraudiodiscount.com/acatalog/blaupunkt_navigation.html

It seems that there is still no unit that combines Sat Nav and speed camera warnings in one, despite the fact they both need a GPS unit, and a map-kinda system.... seems like an obvious combination to me, and maybe the first company to do both will corner the market??

LJ

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17923

awful camera !

nice link though......

great point about linking in the camera warning system....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17925

I bought a TomTom system to use on a handheld PDA; so it can go in both cars. Very good and includes main European roads - just spent 3 weeks touring in France. I've mounted it on a magnetic plate near the gear lever on the passenger side - don't need to watch it really as it speaks the instructions as well. I got the system on ebay.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17928

seen the tom tom.. ok but I would like a fixed dash unit as I'm looking to replace my existing porsche unit.....

anyone got any of those ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17929

I haven’t got sat nav, but I have got an MP3 player that gives information about track, artist, album, etc.
I find this very hard to read when I am driving because of the position of the unit and the way that it reflects sunlight.

Do the units give ‘verbal’ direction instructions?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17930

nice job there graham.....

sadly I dont think my targa would survive with out the central vents.... only ones that actually provide some kind of regulated temp !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17944

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Andy C on 06 September 2004

I haven’t got sat nav, but I have got an MP3 player that gives information about track, artist, album, etc.
I find this very hard to read when I am driving because of the position of the unit and the way that it reflects sunlight.

Do the units give ‘verbal’ direction instructions?
they all give verbal instructions....

you may consider the verbal only SmartNav from the RAC.... only about IIRC £500 but a lack of the map function for me makes it much less practical as I prefer my sat nav with visual rather than audio..!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17945

I bought the Alpine INA333-R simply because it was (and may well still be) the only 1-DIN slot unit with both satnav and MP3 playback and a DVD navdisk player=Europe on one disk.

Search here for the thread where we discussed it.
postamble();

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17947

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by manek on 07 September 2004

I bought the Alpine INA333-R simply because it was (and may well still be) the only 1-DIN slot unit with both satnav and MP3 playback and a DVD navdisk player=Europe on one disk.

Search here for the thread where we discussed it. <SCRIPT language=javascript>postamble();
cheers matey.. just found the old post..

how is the alpine unit coming along..?

also did you end up re-locating the cd unit ? if so where did you put it / intend to put it ?

regards

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17950

The unit still works fine, does a sterling job of getting me from A to B to C and sometimes redirecting me when traffic requires it. Top bit of technology in my view.

The CD changer lives on top of the spare wheel screwed into a piece of wood that fits snugly into the wheel itelf, which stops it slopping about. I relocated it from where the dealer mounted it as there's little enough luggage space as is without unnecessarily taking it up with a changer that works just as happily elsewhere.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 18031

manek

do you by chance a pictuere of how you have mounted your cd changer around the wheel as that sounds like a great mod....... in view of how little space we already have....

regards

Migration info. Legacy thread was 18041

I was thinking about this but then I thought I would not bother with a CD changer as the unit plays mp3 so you can put all your songs on a disc. Or just get a MP3 Juke box and feed it in.

Or do you have to have the changer for the DVD and CD's ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 18048

I want one with digital radio too.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 18049

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back