Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

If you saw this, would it fool you?

I think i would be initially worried if it pulled up to me at the lights, but then if i looked at the probably chav driver and listened to the engine noise I'd probably work out it was a kit.

You have to laugh though, one of the pictures had the 'ferrari' lined up on track with Catherams etc.. what must they think when it looks like its going backwards? And after all, its only a Peugeot!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 69222

How many people on the road would know it was not a real one as it drove past ?

I think it looks well.. Not a fan of kit cars, but for someone who loves the car but cant afford one, why not !

As long as the kit is fitted well, and the rear tailgate window was tinited so people could not see there is no engine in there !!

Dan

Migration info. Legacy thread was 69225

Ditto, it looks good but wouldn't sound or feel right.

However if you decided to race it for instance in my Cayenne I would be well chuffed and blissfully unaware that I'd pipped a Peugeot 2L Diesel.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 69226

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by JamieG on 11 August 2006

However if you decided to race it for instance in my Cayenne I would be well chuffed and blissfully unaware that I'd pipped a Peugeot 2L Diesel.
Do you do a lot of racing in your Cayenne Jamie?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 69228

visually it is impressive, even if the blood is french....

a good effort indeed !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 69230

A good effort indeed. I can remember seeing a couple of old mr2's knocking about a while ago with a ferrari kit added. But the cost is a bit steep though, £25,000 - £30,000!

And what happens when it comes to servicing, or a mechanical part fails, or you get a knock . . . that bodykit is gonna have to come off!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 69233

sad to say, i would be fooled i think...one of the better kits i have seen, beats the MR2 jobbys..

Migration info. Legacy thread was 69237

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 11 August 2006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by JamieG on 11 August 2006

Do you do a lot of racing in your Cayenne Jamie?
Not really me, but sometimes i get a bit of aggression from reps in cars etc. and despite what people say about the Cayenne it can move if you push it. The funny thing when you floor it is the sound though, you look at the speedo and think surely you are going faster than that!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 69242

It probably would fool one for a moment. To be fair, at low revs the Ferrari V8s sound relatively unimpressive anyway!

I suppose they are quite fun if you just love the Ferrari look, but can't stretch to a real one. Especially seeing as the the real ones spend most of their time parked up in the owners' garage anyway...

£26k would buy a lovely 328GTS or a 348.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 69243

Is that the one Magnum P.I. drove?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 69245

Magnum drove a 308 - IIRC.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 69247

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Fuchs on 11 August 2006

Now I wouldn't mind ownering one of them! I am going to have a look on autotrader.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 69265

wow, it looks fantastic. i'm ashamed to say if I was def I would be fooled, but if you heard one drive past i'd know something was wrong.

regarding servicing, it'd be the same as a normal 406, and most body shops would easily be able to sort out bodywork dings etc.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 69270

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 11 August 2006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Fuchs on 11 August 2006

Now I wouldn't mind ownering one of them! I am going to have a look on autotrader.
328 is better apparantly, but still looks the same - pm RobertB :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 69277

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CS4997Gen1
Back