Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

ideas for 2014 ?

jackal2513

thinking out loud ..... up for discussion:

1). CB radios

2). larger intake, maybe up to 15 people but designating groups of 2-4 people each and every day

3). finale at an organised trackday at the Ring

4). GERMANY & AUSTRIA

any other ideas ?

...now your spoiling us Mr M.

Attachments

• fr_152.jpg
    fr_152.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 79
jackal2513 said:
thinking out loud ..... up for discussion:

1). CB radios
I've looked at these good ones are £100+ used on eBay.

2). larger intake, maybe up to 15 people but designating groups of 2-4 people each and every day
Hotels will be a problem if we all want to stay at the same place.

3). finale at an organised trackday at the Ring
Like it. how far is the pork museum from the ring ?

4). GERMANY & AUSTRIA
Not Spain :cop: :dont know: :D

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Perhaps we should head North.

Norway, Finland, (st Petersburg: :cloud9: )

:dont know:

Certainly don't want to be exclusive, but if there are too many on the trip then we'll end up spending the whole time herding cats and chasing stabbed rats :frustrated: Hotels and restaurants suddenly become a major logistical nightmare too :nooo:

CB's? Yes please - not had many problems with the radios personally, but I know how frustrating it has been when one or more of us is unable to join or follow the discussions :pc:

Location? I would love to revisit the Dolomites and Austrian Alps, hell I'd even go back to the land of Oprah hater's, but I'm also keen to sample some pastures new. Don't know that I have the balls to take porky into Russia, but Norway and Finland sound interesting as long as plod are going to be tolerant... :cop:

Squeezing in a trackday at the ring (or Spa?) would be good too, but after seeing that GT3 sunny side down I'm not so sure it would end well for us all... :sad:

I think taking the group any bigger will become a problem, for the reasons already mentioned by Chimp.

CB's are a good idea - or why not revert back to renting the radios that we did last year?? They worked just fine I think..??

Don't care where we go, as long as the roads are good and the beer is cheap - fewer miles next year would be good though - France, Italy, Austria?? back through CH and France..??

:D

Standard cb radios are no better than the better talkies we hired or used this time. We need 2 meter ham radios which have a range of 5 miles or more. Subject to terrain. They are what taxi firms use.
They are £125 each plus a licence or no licence No one polices it . They are car powered and need an arial. They run 25 w as appossed to the 5w all talkies and cb radios use. A really good military spec one can cost £5000+
On location I don't mind as long as I've not been there and it's better than we have done before :grin: only joking
No fcking donkey sanctuaries or room 20's please
:D

Id love to do Scandi but i really dont think we can drive there at even 50% of what weve enjoyed last few years

Take your point about numbers so 9 max as per 2013

I'm in the same boat as wanting to do Scandinavia soon but not sure how much we'd get away with but it does get quite quiet one you're in the middle of nowhere around Norway. If you want to top Austria and Northern Italy this is really the only place to do it in Europe, maybe the Transfagarasan. The beer isn't cheap though, although we didn't drink much on the 2013 trip.

Finishing off at a track is a popular thing to do after a road trip and the ring is a great place, I don't think any of us will be pushing hard enough to roll, some of those GT guys speed past you like you're parked up, as long as you stay within your own limits there shouldn't be a problem.

Q - What's the Styles Team and why did they let you 3 guys in..???

Richyd said:
Q - What's the Styles Team and why did they let you 3 guys in..???

Because we have style why else :?:

And if you believe that :dont know:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pacific7174
Back