Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

I disagree with OrangeCurry

PeterS

There.

I've said it.

I like my turbo twists on my 964.

I sent to the PCGB Xmas meet at Moreton in The Marsh and there were obviously a fair few cars there.

I don't think the Cup 2s look any better.

I fact I think they look worse.

So if you want a fight about it, my wife agrees with me. She will be doing the fighting.

I'm right behind her!

Fight. fight. fight :kungfu: :starwars:

Cup 1s are lovely on a '64 IMO. Cup 2s and twists are just too modern for me but then again I'm not a big fan of twists on any 911 (I just can't deal with asymmetry - it makes me twitchy - it took me months to accept that the 993 mirrors are wonky) :D

On the other hand your wife is 100% dead right of course :thumb:

Go on Pete lad , get them told , Twists all day long for me too , i am pleased someone has been brave enough to say it AT LAST . 8) you could paint them gold and stick them on your other 64 , nothing like a bit of bling :eek:

Cup Ones on a 964, everything else is a cheap cop out.
Twists make the 964 look like its trying too hard.

Otherwise BBS or Techarts.

Cup1s are the way forward (or splt rim BBS) :thumb:

Come on Pete I thought wrestling was more your game. Weren't you Kendo Nagasaki unmasked in the 80s :dont know:

Kendo%20Nagasaki.jpg

Zingari, have been stealing bandwidth again? :eek:

Attachments

• bandwidth_116.png
    bandwidth_116.png
    166.4 KB · Views: 4,900
My 3.2 Carrera, made to look like a Boxster travelled back through time and slept with it's mother:

DSC02805.jpg

After I saved it:

DSC02857.jpg

:D

I agree those Fuchs look great on your 3.2.

But the original wheels on a 964 were 16" D90s, which are not to my taste.

stuttgartmetal said:

Otherwise BBS or Techarts.

:agree:

No honestly Pete....they are not right, Twists look better on a Golf than they do a 964.

I am just sorry I haven't got a set of Cup 1's to offer you.

Cup 2's do like nice, and Sport Classic...and actually Boxsters

Putting the topic to one side, I wouldn't bank on MrsPeterS against MrsOC.

At a beer festival in Hove, a few years ago now, some 'lady' tried to purloin my chair whilst I was getting the round in.

MrsOC first verbally pointed out the error of the lady's ways, then physically removed it from her grasp.

Approaching the scene with my hands full of beer in glass, I was very proud to see the other much bigger female back-off with a very scared look on her face.

MrsOC, when calmed with a refreshing drink, was very pleased, and indeed looked taller than I've ever seen her.

That's my girl.

Wheels you said? :?:

forcedinduction said:
Crikey, you can still see where the Boxster deflowed her rear wiper arm.

Cheeky bu66er! Was that you last time? I mean last time I put that photo up someone immediately picked up on the wiper arm. At least you let me off with the wheel crests, cheers for that at least.
:sad:

To be fair to the OP, it was more the fact that I REALLY dislike twists, rather than originality that had me whip 'em off. In fact if my 993 had twists I'd have them off too.

So if I go with what I want, I'd be a knob to suggest you do anything other.
:D

stuttgartmetal said:
+1

They look absolutely perfect on the 993 though :p

:popcorn:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YJY
Back