Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

HPI

Will G-J

Nurburgring
The search has reached new levels - 3days, 1600miles, 8cars

Getting very close but need to get an HPI done. Can I do it outside office hours on the internet? Also are there any differences in what information they provide and prices?

Also, found a car HPI checks out, VIN and engine numbers checked out, bundles of history that all checks out but the numberplate on the windows (security coded) has never been on the car (according to HPI) any possible explainations?

Cheers

Will

Migration info. Legacy thread was 66819

Seems logical that the number should be mentioned in the service history!
Phone the DVLA and/or get a friendly car dealer to help you - pay his costs to get a proper history check.

Otherwise walk away. Cars do have numbers changed to vanity plates but there is always DVLA Documentation kept by honest owners.

There are plenty of proper cars with 100% valid ID and history.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 66820

Will, If you need a HPI doing, let me know..

Dan

Migration info. Legacy thread was 66852

I been having problems with an HPI check on my car (bought from new). After much searching around and calling Experian it turns out hat because I put a private plate on my car just a few days after it was first registered the DVLA computers and Experian got out of sync. In fact the DVLA are in the process of trying to sort it out. It is possible that the car you are checking out has a similar tale. Did you call for your check or use the internet? If you call they can look into the case for you and give you far more information that the internet report does.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 66861

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fluellen
Back