Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

How to improve in-car radio reception?

md11fly

My 991.1 has the standard PCM system but the tuner's radio reception has always been poor, apart from BBC radio stations. Not even sure where the ariel is, or how to adjust it, but looking for advice in improving reception.

I'm bumping this with the same question, any idea anyone?

Also watching with interest. No DAB in my car, just FM.

I believe the antenna is in the front windscreen, you should see some faint lines in the screen.

I find reception poor from the inbuilt antenna. I have factory DAB and it dropped out way more than on my previous car and compared to my wife's F-Pace.

I've now replaced the PCM with an android head unit, added a USB DAB tuner connected to the original antenna and it's still not great.

So I put a cheap SIM card into the new head unit and now I can stream anything eg BBC, any DAB station, FM stations etc

I'm not suggesting this is a solution for everyone, but based on my experience the OEM antenna is poor and there's not much you can do to improve it.

BTW first couple of posts here, but active on a few other forums, particularly on the PCM replacement threads where a few of us are documenting the upgrade process.

I've got a 991.1 C2S in Agate grey - love it!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NBavers
Back