Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

How to identify model

Stevenine3

Hi.I am about to undertake some repairs on my 996 cab ,brake pads are the start ,coolant tank ,aos,i have tried to price on design 911 and have noticed that there are a couple of options ,can i use my vin as a means of purchasing the correct items and can i determine if my car has mo30 or not if so does the sticker inside the hood give any clues .

Your car is a Y2K so will be a 996.1 or Gen1 model. Beyond that it could be a C2 or a C4.

Identifying spec

Thanks,The sticker in the hood ,can anyone tell me what the series of numbers tell me about the spec of this car ,also i gave some dampness
under nearside carpet rear are there 2 drains please .

Re: Identifying spec

Stevenine3 said:
Thanks,The sticker in the hood ,can anyone tell me what the series of numbers tell me about the spec of this car ,also i gave some dampness
under nearside carpet rear are there 2 drains please .

List the numbers and someone will decode them for you.

Download the 996 parts catalogue in PDF format from the Porsche website:

https://www.porsche.com/uk/accessoriesandservice/classic/genuineparts/originalpartscatalogue/

It has a decoder for the VIN, engine number and transmission number as well as all the build and option codes in the 'V-pages' at the start.

Also bear in mind that for Genuine Porsche parts you local Porsche Centre will almost certainly be cheaper (you should be able to get 10% off list with a little nudge even if they don't offer it to start with) than Design 911, particularly as the Design 911 prices listed are ex VAT.

Don't start with Design911, they are generally expensive for Porsche specific parts and expensive for 3rd party parts too.

Start with Porsche prices, pay 10% less with 911UK membership and then look at other 3rd party sites or, for some things, 2nd hand.

My point on condensers is that they vary a lot in price and no-one seems to have any problems with 3rd party parts.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markevo6
Back