Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

How to find the Tracker in my car?

Igurisu

Montreal
I have a battery drain I need to find, nothing worse than a car that won't start in the morning when its a daily driver :(

Following on from another thread, the first thing I'd like to do is remove the Tracker.

My question to the learned people on here, is there a usual spot/location for fitting them on a 911 or in particular a 996?

I haven't started looking for it yet, but I'm guessing the theory is to hide it well so it can't be easily found by thieves.

Hi Pete,

PM sent.

Terry

Hi Terry,
I'd be interested in knowing the location of my tracker also please!

I think the previous owner had one fitted but the subscription ran out.

Steve

Sorry lads but if I haven't met you with your car I won't be passing this information on. I'm sure you'll understand. :angel:

I had to send 'Tracker' a copy of my V5 before they'd tell me what their records showed and even then the info they gave me wasn't very exact and I ended up interpreting it wrong. :x

I found mine by chance when doing some work on the car, I would have thought that there are not too many places it could go on a 996.

My tracker is located in front of the left wheel arch about 3 inches behind the left radiator, secured by 3 M5 bolts.. And it's parked at 73 Charlingston Drive, Harrow, and.... Oh, wait, I see the problem with this now...

Finding the Tracker is easy.

Just look out for signs of nuts, raisins and chocolate chips. The wrapper won't be far away.

I'm here all week.

whoareya said:
Finding the Tracker is easy.

Just look out for signs of nuts, raisins and chocolate chips. The wrapper won't be far away.

I'm here all week.

Don't give up the day job :floor:

Took about 1 minute to find mine. It was in the most obvious place possible. I phoned Tracker and complained and got a load of spiel about how they are installed by trained professionals in very difficult to access places and there are many locations so it should be almost impossible to find. He said the installer would dismantle half the car if necessary to achieve this.

The reality is somewhat different it was in the place that required the absolute minimum possible dismantling and wiring, and probably took about 1/2 hr to install from start to finish.

I asked if they would relocate it to a better place, I said I reckoned I could bypass it in less than a minute the way it was installed and wired, but they refused saying it would already be in a good location.

I then spent a whole day relocating it myself to a position that is not only hard to find but inaccessible with out a couple of hours dismantling LOL

Mac

Well the 'experience fitter' that fitted one in a Boxster I owned seemed to follow the instructions we all see on aircraft that tell you where to find your life-jacket.

whoareya said:
Well the 'experience fitter' that fitted one in a Boxster I owned seemed to follow the instructions we all see on aircraft that tell you where to find your life-jacket.

Given it's a Boxster, I'm guessing you're not refering to "in the panel above your head"!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlfaMax1996
Back