Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

How much is my 996.1c2 worth ?

996mike

Silverstone
Owned my 996.1c2 tip for 6 years and have lived every moment
She is a epic machine

We are going travelling for a couple of years leaving next spring (COVID permitting)

We are renting the house so the 911 will have to go 😩

She is in great condition with thousands spent mechanically updating her since our ownership plus cosmetic have been improved with refurbished wheels from Excel power polished Ocean Blue metallic paint and the grey leather refurbished

Low spec heated rear window and Centre locking the Only buttons to play with
Sports exhaust and the hated sun roof which I love,,,,,,

Mileage 101,000 so how much in this market can I expect don't need a quick sale ??

Attachments

• 10927492_dd35_4d60_8015_10acd320b90a_150.jpeg
    10927492_dd35_4d60_8015_10acd320b90a_150.jpeg
    173 KB · Views: 2,413
How much is it worth ?

So after 5 years off epic ownership of the 911
She has to go up for sale

She has had thousands updating its mechanics also cosmetics with refurbished wheels for Excel power polished ocean blue metallic and refurbished leather interior

She is a low spec model only central locking and heated rear screen
Buttons to play with. She is a Tip with the hated sun roof which I ❤️

101,000 miles full service history file full of 21 years of bills

So how much should I put her on the market for ? Don't need a quick sale

Attachments

• 403907eb_8970_455f_b31b_287c3dc17e88_132.jpeg
    403907eb_8970_455f_b31b_287c3dc17e88_132.jpeg
    176.8 KB · Views: 2,417
The cars listed on A/T currently of similar miles & Tiptronic range currently from about £12,500 - £16,000 (both private & trade), so I'd suggest you might be best to try somewhere in the middle of that range.

The market appears to be cooling slightly as normal for the time of year so it might be a case of listing it with the best pictures/full description (including service history) & seeing what interest comes along?

Good luck with the sale.

Alternative opinion: I've been spectating on online auction sites like Collecting Cars and usually they go close to the expected market value of the car. Sometimes market interest is not so high but that usually that is when a car has a dodgy past and a few advisories that have not been fixed. Setting a sensible reserve can fix that risk. Have a look at that because if you present your car well, photo every bill and receipt, I'm sure you can sell it minus the in-person haggling, tyre-kickers and test drive viewings.

Re Collecting Cars, I tried to sell my C2 aero kit a month or so ago.

The bidding ended just under the reserve and I had an offer from the bidder via collecting cars but I couldn't bring myself to accept and let them have their commission on the basis their advertising of the car had been so poor (madness I know).

Despite numerous requests and promises, they didn't list it on facebook (we know best, we sell x million cars a year) or anywhere sensible and did a single instagram post which they auto-deleted after 24hrs. I imagine this is happening for a lot of cars they list.

There was the usual pestering to remove the reserve as well. It seems their marketing now purely relies on potential bidders constantly looking at their website unless you have something with GT3 or RS on the end of the badge!

If anyone is interested feel free to pm me as I still have it. I was not in a desperate rush to sell, just could do with the garage space.

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/2001-porsche-911-996-carrera-3

jakerade said:

The bidding ended under the reserve and I had an offer from the bidder via collecting cars but I couldn't bring myself to accept and let them have their commission on the basis their advertising of the car had been so poor (madness I know).

Despite numerous requests and promises, they didn't list it on facebook (we know best, we sell x million cars a year) or anywhere sensible and did a single instagram post which they auto-deleted after 24hrs. I imagine this is happening for a lot of cars they list.

There was the usual pestering to remove the reserve as well. It seems their marketing now purely relies on potential bidders constantly looking at their website unless you have something with GT3 or RS on the end of the badge!

If anyone is interested feel free to pm me as I still have it. I was not in a desperate rush to sell, just could do with the garage space.

That looks like a really good, honest car. I saw it come up on CC's and thought it was very interesting. I'd love it, but I definitely can't buy another one. 😂

Good luck with the sale. 👍

Re: How much is it worth ?

996mike said:
So after 5 years off epic ownership of the 911
She has to go up for sale

She has had thousands updating its mechanics also cosmetics with refurbished wheels for Excel power polished ocean blue metallic and refurbished leather interior

She is a low spec model only central locking and heated rear screen
Buttons to play with. She is a Tip with the hated sun roof which I ❤️

101,000 miles full service history file full of 21 years of bills

So how much should I put her on the market for ? Don't need a quick sale

Well that was the plan,,,,

We had a dry day here just before Xmas so decided to take her cover off and go for a pre Xmas drive, drove the usual fast roads near me after about an hour I was back on the drive ready to pack her away till next year and better weather when I realised I was not ready to sell her. It makes no sense to keep her she will probably deteriorate while we are away and go down in value but
This 996 has gotten under my skin like no other car I have ever owned she is nothing special just a TIP over 100k miles even got the dreaded sunroof
( which I love ) so I am going to keep her next problem is get wife on board 😟

Re: How much is it worth ?

*1her next problem is get wife on board 😟[/quote]

I find diamonds works well

jakerade said:

The bidding ended just under the reserve and I had an offer from the bidder via collecting cars but I couldn't bring myself to accept and let them have their commission on the basis their advertising of the car had been so poor (madness I know).

Your car is very similar to mine and curious what the reserve was set at please if you don't mind me asking?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steviepee
Back