Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

How do you get ur kicks when the 911 is laid up?

E46 Alpina Coupe is my winter beater. Heated seats and slushy torque converter.

Luxury when toodling around in 'D' in the cold and wet. 385 bhp on tap for spirited driving in 'M' mode with paddles on the days when it's dry and bright. :giggle:

XF%20Day%20One%2020%2002%202016%20029_zps4elhwxjk.jpg

When I had my 993 and went full Illuminati I would spend those cold winter nights in the garage. Wearing a sheepskin coat whilst sitting in a fold up camping chair I would stare lovingly through the clear plastic sides of the carcoon at that glorious shape. So as not to feel ‘detached’ I’d keep the spare wheel out of the frunk and every so often inflate it marvelling at how it’s shape forms from such a compact size before letting all the air out again as it recoils, much like my gonads in the cold weather. I’d look forward to June when if it’s not raining I could unleash it before beginning the winterisation process again in September. 🙄

Those were the days.

Luxury when toodling around in 'D' in the cold and wet. 385 bhp on tap for spirited driving in 'M' mode with paddles on the days when it's dry and bright. :giggle:

XF%20Day%20One%2020%2002%202016%20029_zps4elhwxjk.jpg

Similar story for me really, I have a F30 328i which I’m thinking could be a solution… one option I have is to just make that more fun to drive

E46 Alpina Coupe is my winter beater. Heated seats and slushy torque converter.

Some would say that’s a classic! Sounds nice

Get into sim racing as a cheaper alternative?
If you really get into simracing, it might not end up much cheaper than a fiesta or a golf ;)

When I had my 993 and went full Illuminati I would spend those cold winter nights in the garage. Wearing a sheepskin coat whilst sitting in a fold up camping chair I would stare lovingly through the clear plastic sides of the carcoon at that glorious shape. So as not to feel ‘detached’ I’d keep the spare wheel out of the frunk and every so often inflate it marvelling at how it’s shape forms from such a compact size before letting all the air out again as it recoils, much like my gonads in the cold weather. I’d look forward to June when if it’s not raining I could unleash it before beginning the winterisation process again in September. 🙄

Those were the days.
I'm emotional after reading that 😭

you could get a taycan for about £5 now 😜

My winter hack, it’s my summer hack too. It’s just my hack, ridiculous value even over list, which isn’t the case these days.7FC68DE1-9C32-452F-9603-3C6825DC620A.jpeg

isn't the right answer, post more on 911uk :sneaky:

I’ve had most cars, and I’d take a Mini JCW over most things.

Awesome drive and in todays pot hole ridden, crowded, power mileage monkeys and miss daisy Suzuki Alto hogging 20 mph brigades, it makes far more sense than a GT3 in the summer never lone the winter.

Really are brilliant little cars especially the BMW intervened F56.

I’ve had most cars, and I’d take a Mini JCW over most things.

Awesome drive and in todays pot hole ridden, crowded, power mileage monkeys and miss daisy Suzuki Alto hogging 20 mph brigades, it makes far more sense than a GT3 in the summer never lone the winter.

Really are brilliant little cars especially the BMW intervened F56.
the Bobafett (y)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cooper987.2
Back