Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Horrible buzzing/vibration when spoiler deploys

F1ashgordon

Monza
Lately as soon as I hit 70 there's an awfully loud high frequency buzz, from the rear left parcel shelf/bose subwoofer area, not far off the sound of something plastic in your bicycle spokes albeit a little softer/more distorted.

It happens even when I coast (in neutral), so it's not an engine fault (or at least that's my guess), and it only occurred to me yesterday that it could be something to do with the spoiler (yet to deploy spoiler at town speeds to see if it occurs then).

Anyone experienced this or know of a known fault before I contact OPC?

To clarify, it's not simply one of those annoying creak/rattles that my mrs says she can't even hear, it's very, very loud, enough that even under full acceleration it dominates the engine (with PSE on) and road noise.

Any thoughts welcomed. 997.2 S manual with PSE by the way.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
246dbo
Back