Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

high level brake light removal

Never removed it fully myself, but have have had it in pieces to install a brake lamp instead of the blanking plate that was previously installed.

The pads are stuck on with sicaflex/tigerseal type stuff so attacking it carefully with a razor blade will do the trick. The only other thing I'd be thinking about is the brake light cabling, you'll have to cut the connectors off the cables to stow then under the rear window seal. I'd make sure to leave some length and make sure the ends are watertight so this can be reverted in the future.

Below is how I found the cables under the rubber seal, having been there for 26 years!

Attachments

• 55dfcb31_20ed_41b7_bd9c_68ada6462fc0_971.jpeg
    55dfcb31_20ed_41b7_bd9c_68ada6462fc0_971.jpeg
    86.9 KB · Views: 4,930
What you gonna do with the one you take off?

I know the targa and cab had them but not the coupe.

Was it an option and under a lip spoiler or similar?

Gwsinc said:
Never removed it fully myself, but have have had it in pieces to install a brake lamp instead of the blanking plate that was previously installed.

The pads are stuck on with sicaflex/tigerseal type stuff so attacking it carefully with a razor blade will do the trick. The only other thing I'd be thinking about is the brake light cabling, you'll have to cut the connectors off the cables to stow then under the rear window seal. I'd make sure to leave some length and make sure the ends are watertight so this can be reverted in the future.

Below is how I found the cables under the rubber seal, having been there for 26 years!

thanks, question is whether I feel brave with the razor I guess ... suppose I could always stick them back on if it doesn't go well

Les Richards said:
What you gonna do with the one you take off?

I know the targa and cab had them but not the coupe.

Was it an option and under a lip spoiler or similar?

this is the one above the rear windscreen rather than the light in the hoop spoiler on targas. so I think most of the coupes had this one fitted except the RS from what I have seen... others may know better.

if I do remove it, itll go in with the set of other items if I ever decide to revert to full stock specification :)

My 95 Car doesn't have one. The safety aspect is obvious however it ruins the smooth look IMO.

No HLBL and no RW for the win. :thumb:

C.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fluellen
Back