Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Hi

Paul Bell

Hello, just found your website. I've been a fan of the 911 since I was a kid and now I'm approaching *cough* 30 I want to fulfil my dream of owning one as a second car. I have my eyes on a 993 in about 18 months time. One question I do have is do any of you have any humidity control in your garage or does the Porsche with its galvanised body handle the atmosphere ok, even dare I say leaving it outside?

Thanks in advance.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19223

hi mate...... a 993 is a must....

as I live in London mine is parked outside.. seems to be fine.....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19229

Outside with a cover - just to keep the crud, compost and bird s**t off it more than the rain.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19241

Hi, welcome. Don't worry about parking it outside if you have to. I park mine on the drive, have been doing so for the past 4 yrs, and prev owner did the same for few yrs before that. The bodywork still looks like new, no sign of any corrosion. I do keep it under some cheap Halford cover if I'm not going to drive it for any length of time, just to keep the cr*p and tree saps off it, also keep the rain water off the bakes so they don't get that rusty.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19259

Is there more than two of us that log on to this site and don't own a 993?????????!!!!!!!!

Can't blame you though. It does offer a lot.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19265

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Anthony Corbett on 14 October 2004

Is there more than two of us that log on to this site and don't own a 993?????????!!!!!!!!

who's the other ? :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19287

I'm feeling very very lonely :(

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19295

Thanks for the replies, Just the shape of the 993 does it for me that little bit more than any other 911 bit I'd still say yes to any.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19298

Previous poster said:
Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Anthony Corbett on 14 October 2004

who's the other ? :wink:

Count me as well....

I wish I did own a 993 though, and I'm sure I will one day. An expanding family is stalling immediate plans. :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19309

When i first started coming in here i had a 3.2 Carrera and who knows i might even go back to one - or a 356. mmmmmmmmmm black with fuchs.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19314

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maxus
Back