Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Hi, new member from Bucks/Beds

Sidewaysfun

Hi Guys and Gals,

I have been browsing your forum on and off now for about 6 months and thought it about time to actually post up and say "Hi" :bye:

My name is Paul and I am currently living in the soulless, roundabout centre of the world: Milton Keynes :D (although very shortly I will be moving over to Bedford)

So my current weekend toy is a Nissan 180sx, which I have owned for about 5 years now. (for those who have no idea, it's the Japanese import version of our Nissan 200sx) In my ownership I have progressed the car from stock to a very nicely setup weekend/track car, running around 260bhp

Little pic from earlier on in the year at a sunny Anglesey circuit in North Wales.

At present, my plans are to sell up the Nissan and invest in to the world of air cooled Porsches. Been a massive fan of them since childhood and now I can actually afford one, it seems the logical next step in my car ownership. I've been looking into this option and researching for about 12 months now.

The idea is to once again build myself lovely weekend car that would be as much at home on the corners of the Stelvio Pass as it would on the home straight at Silverstone :)

So, in terms of 911's by far and away my favourite shape would be the pre-73 models, but alas, they are slightly out of my reach.

So i'm thinking of my base car being either a 911 3.0 SC or a 911 3.2 Carrera. I'm probably leaning towards the latter due to the extra power and, from what I have researched, better gearbox :thumb:
Who knows, once i've got the car setup nicely, I may then back date it to the looks of a pre73 car 8)

Out of interest, i'm not sure how many of you guys actually take your cars around tracks, but i'm heading over to Bedford Autodrome for a trackday on the 2nd November. Be good to meet some locals :bye:

Welcome to 911uk. Plenty of guys on here take their cars onto tracks - especially the GT3 forum.

~ Maxie :thumb:

There's a gaggle of us going to Silverstone on Sunday 10th November for a thrash round the GP circuit. I think there's an aircooled contingent too.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blueteddybear
Back