Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Help with Recaro Seat Mounts

chucknorris

Monza
Hello,

So I have a pair of standard Recaro Pole Positions FIA's.

I'm trying to figure out which Recaro seat mounts will fit my 993.

Has anyone got Recaros in their car with Recaro seat mounts in and if so please could you post a picture so I can see what Recaro mount variant you have?

Or alternatively, let me know which one from the pics listed below will fit...

I should point out that I have spoken to two retailers for Recoro and their answers were "the mounts are universal, you will just have to try and see which one fits" haha

I have tried to use google images for Recaro and 993 and most of the images are a bit naff to get a definitive answer and is hard to tell if the seats are standard or Recaros with ABE and I'm not even sure if that makes a difference!

Cheers

Attachments

• mount_3_790.jpg
    mount_3_790.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 1,976
  • mount_2_101.jpg
    mount_2_101.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 1,976
  • mount_1_133.jpg
    mount_1_133.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 1,976
  • recaro_pole_position_fia_102.jpg
    recaro_pole_position_fia_102.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 1,976
Hopefully someone will be along to advise on the Recaro mounts, however in the meantime check out Southbound Trimmers as they do a custom mount and rail specifically for the Recaro PP and 993. :thumb:

C.

cableguy said:
Hopefully someone will be along to advise on the Recaro mounts, however in the meantime check out Southbound Trimmers as they do a custom mount and rail specifically for the Recaro PP and 993. :thumb:

C.

Another forum member had given me the heads up on these from Southbound so cheers for that I'll follow up with a call into them today.

I think it must be a liability issue for some of these Recaro suppliers as had another very vague email back this morning with no definitive answer.

Cheers.

UPDATE

In a world at the minute where everything seems hard work and customer service has gone out of the window for many companies in my experience, I have just had probably the best customer experience in a long time from Southbound Trimmers. I feel embarrassed to say that I didn't get the chaps name that I just spoke to but what great knowledge, mega helpful, along with a product of their own at a great price.

Finally, the seat belt extender bracket issue, what will fit what seat, rails, and mounts have finally been resolved. It's a shame that the other companies I had spoken to previously could not have been so brilliant as Southbound Trimmers.

I will update with pics when all in the car.

chucknorris said:
UPDATE

In a world at the minute where everything seems hard work and customer service has gone out of the window for many companies in my experience, I have just had probably the best customer experience in a long time from Southbound Trimmers. I feel embarrassed to say that I didn't get the chaps name that I just spoke to but what great knowledge, mega helpful, along with a product of their own at a great price.

Finally, the seat belt extender bracket issue, what will fit what seat, rails, and mounts have finally been resolved. It's a shame that the other companies I had spoken to previously could not have been so brilliant as Southbound Trimmers.

I will update with pics when all in the car.

You most likely spoke to David or Dan.

In fairness, Southbound have been fitting Recaro PP's to 993/964 for at least 16 years, and probably longer.
They no doubt had numerous requests, so they took the time to have custom mounts designed and fabricated, and as a result they've fitted many pairs of PP's to a 993's and 964's over the years, whereas for most other outfits, such a job would be a one off, never to be repeated, so they'd have had to rely on trial and error.

Brey Krause have been producing Pole Position mounts to fit into the 993 chassis for donkeys years too :

https://www.bkauto.com/R_9770_Side_Mount_Brackets_for_Recaro_p/r-9770.htm

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
11erCharlie
Back