Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

help with pcm1

ssaunders

hi i have just recently brought a 996 (r reg) with the pcm but seem to be having problems geting the phone to work every sim i put in it said sim check then said emergency calls only orange let me go trrough the funtions but not select the network

Migration info. Legacy thread was 81448

PCM 1 will only work with O2 and Vodafone networks, even when the correct sim card is used, a good convertor must be used to support the sim card due to the size of the slot in the PCM. Vodafone do offer a dual sim option which means you can leave the second sim in its original card.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 84385

I have a 996 with PCM1 inc phone unit. I have a new Vodafone pay as u go sim still in its credit car sized holder but all the unit says when I insert it is "CHECK SIM". Anyone seen this before?

thanks

jonts said:
I have a 996 with PCM1 inc phone unit. I have a new Vodafone pay as u go sim still in its credit car sized holder but all the unit says when I insert it is "CHECK SIM". Anyone seen this before?

thanks

Don't mean to be patronising, but have you put it in the right way round? :oops: - the electrical contacts go in first and face the screen.

Assuming that is OK, have you activated the SIM yet?

Can't think of anything else at the moment, but I have the same setup (vodafone PAYG)

Im having the same issue - emergency calls only on an O2 sim that was working fine. Does the credit expire as I never use it? Also when you get the envelope appearing - how are you supposed to look at the message if at all ??

O.T, whats the tiny white Migration info text mean in posts 1 and 2? :?

doc matt said:
O.T, whats the tiny white Migration info text mean in posts 1 and 2? :?

I think this thread was transferred over from 911uk Mark 1...

thks for the advice. I was putting the card in correctly but later discovered that vodafone sent me a blank card with no number that had no chance of ever working. Incompetent xxxxxxxs. It all works fine now. :pc:

jonts said:
thks for the advice. I was putting the card in correctly but later discovered that vodafone sent me a blank card with no number that had no chance of ever working. Incompetent xxxxxxxs. It all works fine now. :pc:

Funny you should say that... Stupidly, I have been with Vodafone for 15 years now and it's mostly been OK, but in the last year or so, hardly a month has passed without me having to contact their customer services department about something: Errors in bills, lack of service, not receiving calls / texts that I know people have sent, and even getting Voicemail messages several DAYS after they were left!

That is a bit of a classic though.... giving you a blank SIM :floor:

I wouldn't mind too much except that I drove 400 bl....ing miles with no phone and wasted several hours thinking I had got something wrong. NB the customer care is so poor they do not even apologise. Time for vod to get brought back to reality. :lock:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markyp
Back