Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

help to identify part

TMin

Nurburgring
Guys,

see photos. A Rubber part which sits on top of a hard pastic surround got holed on the Stuttgart trip. as you can see I duck taped it up. Question is, what is it and can I replace with engine in situ?

Attachments

• chassis_006_738.jpg
    chassis_006_738.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 2,139
  • chassis_007_319.jpg
    chassis_007_319.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 2,139
  • chassis_008_613.jpg
    chassis_008_613.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 2,139
A larger image would help so you can see where it sits in relation to the whole engine, but I think it just the top section of the "Air duct" which surrounds the fan. I had a little look at the E-993 KATALOG and the part is listed as

993 106-403 00

Pelican parts are listing them at $58

Could do with someone checking, don't have a car to go and look at any more..

Wraith said:
A larger image would help so you can see where it sits in relation to the whole engine, but I think it just the top section of the "Air duct" which surrounds the fan. I had a little look at the E-993 KATALOG and the part is listed as

993 106-403 00

Pelican parts are listing them at $58

Could do with someone checking, don't have a car to go and look at any more..

Yep part number correct, (Air Guide on my invoice at Kuwaiti Dinar 12.90 about Stg 26 quid) I had mine replaced by OPC Q8 in October 2009 cost KD 10.00 in labour about 20 quid.

ATB :)

I've replaced my rubber air duct, it is an easy 15 minute job.
Cheers,
Tore

How did it end up with a hole in it?

Not sure, on Rennlist quite common, die germanicsh gumi ist flaky. Or 160 on the 'bahn...

The rubber become brittle due to the heat. The air pressure inside causes cracks and holes. Common issue. It might be good to inspect the part regularly to avoid the bits falling down between the cylinders below. (inside the air duct)
Cheers,
Tore

It's an easy DIY, just remember to check the part number as there are two listed in the pet, one for pre VR and the other for VR.
cheers :thumb:

Helsinki Paul said:
It's an easy DIY, just remember to check the part number as there are two listed in the pet, one for pre VR and the other for VR.
cheers :thumb:

Valid point, mine is pre VR where as the OP looks to be VR.

ATB :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j44k-dv
Back