Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Help 1= Starter Motor

chr15w

Just tried to fire up the C2 and the starter motor appears to be turning but not turning the engine. I can hear it whizz round but its not connecting with the flywheel. Ive had this happen years ago and it was the spring on the starter that hadnt fully retracted and was solved by rocking the car in gear backwards and forwards but I have a Tiptronic box so this might be difficult!
Ive also known this to happen when the battery is low so Im trying to charge it up (see Help 2!)

Problem solved. I think the battery was too low to turn the engine over fast enough to catch thus resulting in flooding.
Overnight charge and she started after a couple of turns.
Now perfect

Glad to hear it. Now use it as your everyday driver and your battery won't go flat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PatrickRas
Back