Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Hello from another newbie

Hello all. Ive posted a few times on here, so thought it was appropriate to say hello. I'm currently living overseas in Hong Kong, but originally from the UK. Left blighty in 2005 with the intention of spending a year or two away, but 8 years later im still here. I do however visit the UK quite a bit and after owning a few cars here in HK and getting frustrated with the lack of decent roads, not to mention the appalling standard of driving, i decided to fulfill my long term dream of getting a 993 and keeping it in the UK. I did quite a bit of searching and sampling during visits, but eventually, in Feb this year, settled on the car you see in the pics. A late 1996 schwatz black metallic C2S with grey leather and hardbacks. She lives in storage when im not around, but when I am around, she gets well used. Ive just spend 2 weeks with her, racking up 1300 miles in all weathers. It was really fantastic to drive every day on roads meant for driving and as mentioned many a time on here, the 993 is such a joy to own. It'll sit at 90 all day, but then get the varioram working on the back roads all whilst being hugged by those hard backs. (the passenger, my 6 month pregnant wife was more than happy to sit and enjoy the journey too). I even averaged 25mpg... :thumb:

Being a hands on type of bloke, i do miss the opportunity to get to know the inner workings of the car a bit more (loving the jontt blog), but alas you cant have everything. I don't have any current plans to get the car over here to HK as my frustration would probably build to danger levels, but never say never i suppose. I dropped her back at the storage unit yesterday - I genuinely felt like I was dropping a loved pet at the kennel :(

I look forward to reading more posts from you well informed lot and learning more about the stunning motor I'm lucky to own.

Below our some tweaked pics from our recent trip to the UK. Hope you enjoy them.
cheers :

Attachments

• cotswolds2_838.jpg
    cotswolds2_838.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 4,761
  • cotswolds3_117.jpg
    cotswolds3_117.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 4,761
  • cotswolds4_168.jpg
    cotswolds4_168.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 4,761
  • exmoor_652.jpg
    exmoor_652.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 4,761
  • holme_moss_yorkshire1_103.jpg
    holme_moss_yorkshire1_103.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 4,761
  • somerset_171.jpg
    somerset_171.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 4,755
  • padstow_195.jpg
    padstow_195.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 4,755
你好的密友。很好的车

Welcome Chum :thumb: Nice car and photography - bit of HDR work :dont know:

Hello Jeff,

Nice car and pics! Happy to see you here!

Happy motoring!

OMG, is it a manual? You seem to have bought the best 993 spec!
8)

Was in Hong Kong last April, saw hardly any air cooled 911's, but then I did spend most of the time in the bars of Wan Chai, have never had to fend off so many gorgeous prostitutes, in Banana Joe's I got offered girls despite being sat with Vicki, we watching a Chinese Tom Jones and Tina Turner cover band who were superb, while every time I went to the toilet or the bar, girls pounced on me, It was ace!

I liked Wan Chai and Lockhart Road, it's ranks with Oudezijds Achterburgwal in Amsterdams red light district as one of the best 'Have a pint and people watch' places I've been to.
:worship:

Wow!! what a lovely looking car!! :thumbs:

Gorgeous :thumbs:

I have always liked black but was not sure about it on 993. Now changed my mind, that really looks great.

Great looking car and lovely pic's.

Congrats. :thumbs:

Welcome, and what a stunning car you have.

Such a shame that in the Holme Moss, Yorkshire picture you actually captured an accident!! Did you knock the cyclist off in the pursuit of ice cream??

Thanks for the kind words guys. I didnt miss the weather i can tell you. we thought we'd struck gold the first few days after our arrival as the weather was amazing - then it all went a bit pear shaped. Also not helped when the wife managed to walk some wet sheep poo onto the Porsche mats. :wall:

Zingari - not quite HDR, these were Iphone 5 pics would you believe, with a bit of tweaking with Snapspeed.

Clarky, yes its a manual - I wouldn't have anything else. Glad to hear you've seen the 'delights' of Wanchai. Its a surreal place; you feel like The Man, until you realise they are just hookers looking for a client! Still, as you say its a good place to watch other folk fall into that honey trap then get taken to the cleaners. :grin:

Ellis, lets meet up soon. I need to see your S and compare notes!

My car will be having a full detail soon by Richard Tipper. I'll put some pics up of this process when it gets going.

all the best

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xx22
Back