Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Hello, and ULEZ (I know there are tons of threads!) 996.1 C4 2001

MLC996

Hello!
I am a new owner here, been browsing various threads here for a while which has been super useful.

When I was looking for a 996 one of the first things I'd do is check ULEZ as I'm within the zone. The one I ended up buying said ULEZ exempt - great. I also checked the other CAZ areas (all OK bar Birmingham and Bristol). So, I thought when I get the V5 I'll get CAZ updated so it's exempt for them all.

I've just now got the V5 back and looked at the NOx figure on it - it's 0.09 which I understand it above the limit of 0.08 (ULEZ) which I thought was weird. I've now also checked a few other cars like mine (2001 3.4 C4 manual) and I can't find another that is ULEZ exempt.

So, my question is - does anyone here have a 996.1 C4 manual that is ULEZ compliant??? (I have sent Porsche an email requesting a CoC).

Cheers!

I've a '99 C4 manual that is ULEZ exempt. My CoC from Porsche states the NOx is 0.076g/km.
Not sure the reason for differences.
My car was built with 17" wheels, unsure if that makes a difference.

DVLA V5 is not reliable at all, my 993 is as diesel

you need the certificate of conformity from Porsche which is what tfl use

Thanks both. Yes I’ll get hold of the CoC, the confusing this is that it is ULEZ exempt according to TFL and most of the CAZ areas whilst DVLA/V5 says 0.09 NOx? So practically, I’m fine anyway, but it just bugs me. Anyway I guess the CoC will get to the bottom of it, but what if it confirms the 0.09 lol!

step 1, the coc

I had to go through this process with both my 996 C4 1999 and my Boxster 1997.

Get the CofC first, then write to DVLA to get your V5 changed then you will have to write to The various ULEZ to Beth their database changed, it’s a ball ache but worth doing.
There is a post on here somewhere that gives you step by step guide and even offers up letter templates you should use.
Good luck

Put the registration into the ULEZ website and it'll tell you if it is or not.....

Put the registration into the ULEZ website and it'll tell you if it is or not.....

Yes like I said the that’s the first thing I’d do when looking at cars - as mentioned it comes up as exempt but the NOx figure on the V5 is over the limit which is what’s puzzling…

Oh sorry.... I guess it's as others have said... DVLA are not the sharpest most of the time...

1999 996 C4, but a Tip, and 2000 986S manual both compliant with CoC. But if you're thinking of putting private reg on, do that first, otherwise when you change the number TFL can't cope and you go back to the beginning......even though it should be done on the chassis number. Ask me how I know......

So, my CoC has come back and my figures are:

CO: 0.419
HC: 0.094
NOx: 0.090
HC + NOx: 0.184

If this is correct it puts my car over the NOx threshold of 0.08 (even though it comes up as ULEZ exempt anyway).

Can anyone tell me any possible reason why my figure is over 2.5 times that of other 2001 C4 manuals that have figures of 0.035 (I have seen other peoples CoC’s to confirm this).

My car is a 2001 model year with the M96/04 engine which I believe met the highest emissions standards of the 3.4 motor, had pre + post cat O2 sensors, secondary air pump etc.

Puzzled 🤨

So, my CoC has come back and my figures are:

CO: 0.419
HC: 0.094
NOx: 0.090
HC + NOx: 0.184

If this is correct it puts my car over the NOx threshold of 0.08 (even though it comes up as ULEZ exempt anyway).

Can anyone tell me any possible reason why my figure is over 2.5 times that of other 2001 C4 manuals that have figures of 0.035 (I have seen other peoples CoC’s to confirm this).

My car is a 2001 model year with the M96/04 engine which I believe met the highest emissions standards of the 3.4 motor, had pre + post cat O2 sensors, secondary air pump etc.

Puzzled 🤨
Is your car a UK supplied C16 ? My car is a C98 originally imported through Cyprus and the emissions are different to an equivalent UK supplied car.

thanks good point, but no it is a UK car I have the build details from the sticker.

I can’t help but think that the figures are wrong based on other other information. I guess I will query it and see how I get on. It will probably be useful to see if I can get any more figures from other cars like mine. Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ianwheatley
Back