Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

heel & toe

Tiptronic

Banned
Heard a lot about it, very interested in learning this black art.

Any advice appreciated, also on the Silverstone day, anyone going who can teach me I would be greatful.

Daz.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 42654

Don't try this at home - without the engine switched off!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 42655

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by darren james on 12 January 2006
Que?

If a novice like me you can miss the brake (or just not hit it hard enough) and that’s a brown trouser moment for sure if your moving.

I was going to make a joke about heel toe is how models walk but I’ll just explain it

It’s basically blipping the acc pedal and braking at the same time using just your right foot while double decutching. The part of your right foot you use is up to you and the pedal of the car.

There’s a nifty animation I sore on a Porsche forum I’ll have a look for it

Fyi I have some racing shoes and they don’t work at all well for the rolling method

Migration info. Legacy thread was 42657

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by smtk on 12 January 2006

Previous poster said:

Que?

It’s basically blipping the acc pedal and baking at the same time using just your right foot while double decutching.
Look I can drive pretty well (I hope) but cooking as well, no way :D

What am I looking at a tart, cake :p

Daz.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 42659

Previous poster said:

Any advice appreciated, also on the Silverstone day, anyone going who can teach me I would be greatful.

Daz.
Daz

our resident STIGGY aka Butzi knows how to !

he will reveal all on the 22nd !

regards

Migration info. Legacy thread was 42662

If I corrected all my typos then I never get anything done :p

Well I looked for the animation but couldn’t find it (there’s and 11page pissing thread over at pistonheads on this subject)

But I did find this
heel%26toe1.gif

heel%26toe2.gif

Learning Korean is optional but just look at the pictures explains it

BTW I found nugget of info “Start the car and practice heel toe in neutral to get a feel for it” must work at pissing the neighbors off too

Migration info. Legacy thread was 42668

LOL :D

thanks smtk & sundeep.

P.S Am I sad cos I want to learn it.

Daz.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 42670

everyone wants to be able to heel toe. Its just those who want to do it and cant try to rubbish

heeltoe3vl.gif

well i couldnt find the animation and that bugged me so i made my own hehe

Migration info. Legacy thread was 42672

not sure .......... but I think smtk is teaching Salsa for beginners ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 42673

I think those feet icons are LHD, I just went to the car and copied diagrams and nearly drove through the garage door :wink:

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 42675

I think those feet icons are LHD, the RHD pedals are way too offset and you need to sit side way to drive! :wink:

I find the floor hinged 911s pretty ok for H&T, but then I started trying H&T on a Beetle which has pretty much the same arrangement. The harder you brake, the easier it gets.

It feels good when you get it right but you feel a bit of a burk when you get it wrong. Dosen't stop me keep trying though just for the occassional good ones.

The most common problem / mistake is you try concentrating on geting it right so much you end up not braking as hard as you otherwise could. Still not the end of the world if you don't leave the braking to the last dying second.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 42692

Does it save that much time on the track?

Will you demonstrate at Silverstone?

Daz.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 42693

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 12 January 2006

Previous poster said:

Daz.
Daz

our resident STIGGY aka Butzi knows how to !

he will reveal all on the 22nd !

regards
Ooh eck was gonna swop rides with Mick.

Mmm

Migration info. Legacy thread was 42694

I've tried it on many different cars & the only car it seems to work with is a 911. Admittedly there's been a couple of roundabouts I've nearly ended up in the middle of as my foot slipped off the brake onto the accelerator. to be honest only advantage I've found is smoother / quicker downshifts.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 42699

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnvt
Back