Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Heater Woes

eswmartin

Hiya All;

I Have a 2002 996. The heater works but only if i turn it right up so the display says HI. It does nothing except blow cold air if I set it to a specific temperature.

Any Ideas?

Martin

This is a frequent problem on BMWs and is down to the final stage "hedgehog" resistor being fubar. Not sure if its the same setup on the 996, but I would suspect it is similar.

unclebob said:
What's your coolant level like?

My thoughts as well - poor heat output used to be a classic sign of low coolant level and/or circulation.

From my electrical back ground I would suggest there is an issue with the in cab thermostat. I.e unable to read internal temperature or it thinks the cab temperature is already high hence no additional heat required. However when set to high it overrides the thermostat.

Just an electricians opinion not sure if it would relate to cars

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
246dbo
Back