Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Heater in gt3 - awesome cos its super fast!

farook

Another discovery with the gt3 (or might be a 911 trait).

The recent cold weather has led to discovering that the heater in the gt3 is really fast - within 5mins there was warm air coming thru! Which was fantastic!!!

Timed against the other cars in the family (merc, Audi, vw) it was averaging between 10-15mins.

So is this a gt3 thing or 911 / Porsche tadts....?

Are the others diesel?

Irrespective, they will have been built with more of an eye on emissions than the GT3, and are probably more thermally efficient.

farook said:
Another discovery with the gt3 (or might be a 911 trait).

The recent cold weather has led to discovering that the heater in the gt3 is really fast - within 5mins there was warm air coming thru! Which was fantastic!!!

Timed against the other cars in the family (merc, Audi, vw) it was averaging between 10-15mins.

So is this a gt3 thing or 911 / Porsche tadts....?
993, heater working in 500 yards :D

GT4 said:
Are the others diesel?

Irrespective, they will have been built with more of an eye on emissions than the GT3, and are probably more thermally efficient.

Vw is a diesel.

I've never driven mine when the air temperature has been below 6 degrees centigrade so I'll probably never find out whether the 'heater' is good or not :puh: .
The aircon blows very cold though :thumb:

farook said:
GT4 said:
Are the others diesel?

Vw is a diesel.

Diesel is very slow to heat up (mainly down to mass of block and thermal efficiency)

C2VNY said:
This is very true :thumb:

I think most sports cars with big engines always do this, that's one thing I noticed but the gt3 is extremely fast to warm.

I never thought about this before... but yes, my GT3 heats up very quick. My car had the most useless option ever specced by the original owner, heated seats. The car heats up so quick and the seats are alcantara (as opposed to cold leather). This is probably the least used thing on my car.

:bandit:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7CUU
Back