Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Headlight Restoration

Swampy

Spa-Francorchamps
I was thinking of getting this product as my lights are getting a bit cloudy !
Anybody else used this or similar and were the results ok ?

Swamps :)

Attachments

• hl_865.png
    hl_865.png
    1,009.1 KB · Views: 1,774
A lot of people recommend the Holts product and that is the one I have purchased for my foglights.

I'd certainly steer you away from the Armor All restoration wipes. They come out well in reviews where there are no major dings on the lenses. I used them to see if they improved my headlights and they certainly got rid of some oxidisation but the second wipe left foggy spots on the surface of the headlights. I have an active support case with Armor All outstanding at the moment.

T8 said:
If you key the phrase "headlight AND restoration" into the Search Forum function (top right of screen) there's loads of threads discussing the subject including many using that product.

eg this -> http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=93...postorder=asc&highlight=headlight+restoration

It seems generally well thought of. Good luck. :thumb:

Thanks T8, I shall give it a go but tbh i have never really had much luck with the search feature on forums, tends to dig up everything apart from what you've searched for :dont know:

spinnaker said:
A lot of people recommend the Holts product and that is the one I have purchased for my foglights.

I'd certainly steer you away from the Armor All restoration wipes. They come out well in reviews where there are no major dings on the lenses. I used them to see if they improved my headlights and they certainly got rid of some oxidisation but the second wipe left foggy spots on the surface of the headlights. I have an active support case with Armor All outstanding at the moment.

Thanks for the heads up spinnaker, and the best of luck with the case that you have with them, keep us updated :)

Attachments

• hlr_425.png
    hlr_425.png
    114.1 KB · Views: 1,725
Did you key what I said?

Three words

Headlight AND restoration

As most of the posts on the subject seem to relate to the 996 you can narrow the results down further by specifying that you want results from the 996 sub-forum. The subject lines resulting will clearly show you which are the relevant threads.

Good Luck

T8 said:
Did you key what I said?

Three words

Headlight AND restoration

As most of the posts on the subject seem to relate to the 996 you can narrow the results down further by specifying that you want results from the 996 sub-forum. The subject lines resulting will clearly show you which are the relevant threads.

Good Luck

T8

I can confess that I only searched headlight restoration, so I plead guilty :sad:

New search worked a lot better so a bit of reading to do..

Many Thanks :thumb:

Project Farm guy tested some on his YouTube channel.

I used the 3M kit in the past. I just use abrasive discs and polish these days.

A good friend of mine did his last year with Autoglym kit I believe. However, his car lives outside and they have yellow'd again, so would recommend you consider a UV coating afterwards, if necessary.

Good luck :thumb:

I've had great results from using 1200 grade wet & dry (using plenty of soapy water) then Menzerna heavy cut compound and a DA polisher, finished with a UV sealant.

Hazy, slightly yellowing lenses came back to crystal clear, which lasted.

Had mine done by the body shop when I had my car repainted. They polished them (maybe a bit of wet and dry) and then clear coat on top. Look great.

Many thanks for all of your suggestions.
Think I'll treat myself to one of the many kits that can be found and suggested.

Hi all,
My old 987 lights used to go cloudy and once a year i used to take to my local spray shop and he ran his polisher over them and in 5mins they looked like new. He has just done my sons C1 and you could not see the inside but again came up like new but he did use an ols bit of wet&dry that was in the bin!!!! and again like new.

Dean

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fluellen
Back