Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Headlamp switch removal - 993

993C2S

Zandvoort
Can anyone advise me how to remove the headlamp switch from the dash on a 993? It's a minor point I know (but I'm a fussy git!) but the illumination has failed in the switch. Does anyone know if the bulb within the switch can be replaced or would I need to buy a new switch?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45489

According to my information the bulb fits in the centre of the switch, I would leave the switch in situ and see if the centre cover can be carefully flicked out.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45526

I seem to remember when I changed mine just the knob it comes off and exposes the bulb !

Dan

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45527

Thanks chaps. Daniel, so the rotray part of the switch just comes off to leave the bulb and base of the switch?? Does it just pull off?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45551

don't know sorry.... I know the middle 4 switched twist out but their funtion is a pull out action, so take won't work on the twist headlamp switch..... unless you have to pull it out ?? which would sound possible ???

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45576

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlfaMax1996
Back