Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Headlamp cracks

Rizzo

My 992.2 Targa is with a detailing Company at present being prepared for a ceramic Gtechniq ultra coating. They have found what appear to be quite bad cracks around the edge of the headlamp lenses. I've only seen photographs at present, however, doesn't look good☹️

They wonder if the previous owner had filled with a acrylic? I've only had the car three weeks and have noticed the cracks at all.

Is it possible one can replace the lenses only and approximately how much they cost please ?
Many thanks in advance

991 Headlight Lens

I have the same question (sorry - I do not have the answer on the cost of Lens replacement).
I found the following 991 Lens' for sale on e-bay. These are the replacement parts - but Unclear on cost of getting the fitting done.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/991-911-...to-Porsche-911-991-11-18-Manual-/164626781196

My own interest is that I need European headlights on my 991 of USA origin to pass the local homologation test here in France - and it seems the only visual difference is the Headlight Lens that needs an "E" marking on them to show European compliance. (The USA headlights are marked DOT and SAE on the Lens to suit the USA marketplace).
The short answer seems to be to replace the Lens of my USA Headlights (that are made in the same Austrian factory) with a 991 Lens with an E marking.

However - I am struggling on 2 fronts
1) Finding Lens' with E Markings (this Ebay supplier states these have NO E Markings)
2) Understanding IF the Lens' can in fact be replaced in isolation.

Will follow your thread with interest to see what replies this forum uncovers.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
11erCharlie
Back