Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Has anyone bought a new model Cayman?

Bieldside

They get such great reviews I would be interested in anyone who has owned one
I have one booked for a 24 loan out from my London Porsche dealer - very kind of them I have to say

the slippery slope !

worth awaiting the so called 'sporty' version :?: :?:

since residuals for the old special edition Cayman's arent that bad verses run of the mill models

I wouldn't mind test driving one, a bit curious about all the rave reviews. Would have to be manual though, I'm getting a bit bored of all the Porsche PDK-is-the-way-forward-propaganda

8)

Cayman

Sport Editions?

That might be a few months into 2014

But have a £10000 deposit on a GT3 to balance with - need to drive that first before any decisions made

Porsche Mayfair suggested I buy both. "An everyday car and a collectors car" I wish!!!

Re: Cayman

Bieldside said:
"An everyday car and a collectors car"

Which was which?!

:floor:

I don't see the PDK GT3 ever being a collectors car! More an everyday car. A sporty Cayman... Don't see a Cayman ever being a collectors car either.. Or am I being a 911 snob?!

Re: Cayman

Bieldside said:
Sport Editions?

That might be a few months into 2014

But have a £10000 deposit on a GT3 to balance with - need to drive that first before any decisions made

Porsche Mayfair suggested I buy both. "An everyday car and a collectors car" I wish!!!

I remember Porsche Mayfair sitting on a demonstrator white Cayman R with a hideous spec for absolutely ages at £67k. I wouldn't take their opinion over that of my grandma.

Drove both the new Cayman and Cayman S last week, surprised myself by preferring the lesser powered model, it just felt more urgent and willing. Both were PDK but I think a manual 2.7 would be great fun.

Maybe the S just needed loosening up with a few miles.

Gonna stick with my 987 though as it is better than a Cayman R.

Awaits flaming :bandit:

GT3

I expect that they classify the Cayman as every day wear and the GT3 as special occasion wear

Looking forward to the day out. London to Cambridge and back

The car gets rave reviews but its £65,000 + with a nice spec. Ouch

I still stick by what I say every now and then - that the lower power Porsche sports cars are just as much fun (especially at lower speeds) as you need to use the engine and rev it more than the lazier higher power big brothers. If I was considering a Boxster / Cayman / Carrera I'd probably be just as happy with the base models. A bit lighter, smaller wheels and tyres, and not that massively off performance-wise to the bigger engined siblings. Just as much fun on the roads if not more. Also cheaper to buy obviously too, bonus :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkivalex
Back