Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Hardtop wind noise

huesey1974

Monza
Hi,
When I go over 65mph the wind noise on my hardtop is pretty loud and is coming from the top to windscreen area. I have the little plastic caps on properly but no matter what I do they don't seat properly into the locating slots either side of the windscreen, They are about 10mm short of where they should be and the front latch doesn't pull them into the slots. When the auto latch on the soft top closes it pulls the top in tight but the manual hardtop latch doesn't. Can anything be adjusted?
Thanks

Are you talking about the orange plastic caps used for storing the hood during the summer months? Perhaps you could post a pic of the questionable parts.

Have you tried cranking the 2 adjuster bolts on the rear locators. Raising the rear will bring the front closer to the windscreen

Hi,
The plastic caps go over the front locating pins, yes I have tried that but it just goes the same once they are tightened.
thanks

Can some one tell me about these caps as I have a hard top and have never heard of them before!
I did have a small influx of water on the passenger side where the top of the window meets the hard top when it rained, would these "caps" help?

Hey,
So today I decided to remove the hardtop as im going to do some coilover work and need access to the top mounts. As I put the soft top up I heard a crack and the rear plastic screen shattered, It was very brittle. Anyone know if you can just replace the plastic? On a better note I managed to get the pins on the hardtop to seat properly. As stated by liz111s the two nuts on the rear pins can be slackened and the pins are in slotted holes, A shove forward and they are now seated at the front. Now to search for a new screen :sad:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markevo6
Back