Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Hampshire meet?

Shandythegreat

Spa-Francorchamps
Hi all,

Im looking to purchase a 996 in the new year so taking my time to learn every last little thing about them and what to look for etc. If there is a Hampshire meet (I'm Southampton) or anything? I'd love to pop along say hi and "steal" as much information from your brians as you willing to give up :worship:

haha

Thanks,

Andy

It's probably the wrong time of year for most Porsche fans to be venturing out but the Southern Region of the PCGB meet each month at the 'Empress of Blandings' on Romsey Road, Copythorne, SO40 2PF.

Their next meeting is at 7.30pm next Tuesday, 12th.

In my experience there's always plenty of 'Brians' at PCGB meets. :grin:

Thanks bud, your siggy says your Kent - are you infact more local?

I know the Empress - go there quite a bit with the PH lot.

which group is PCGB??

Ill try and make sure i get a nosey on over. lol I think im gona be a bit of a different 911 owner and using it as a daily rather than a toy :)

ps - saw a 996.2 on here for £10k and 100k miles, they do exist! :D

andylang said:
Thanks bud, your siggy says your Kent - are you infact more local?

I know the Empress - go there quite a bit with the PH lot.

which group is PCGB??

Ill try and make sure i get a nosey on over. lol I think im gona be a bit of a different 911 owner and using it as a daily rather than a toy :)

ps - saw a 996.2 on here for £10k and 100k miles, they do exist! :D

No, I am in Kent but I'm an on-off member of the Porsche Club of Great Britain and found the info in their latest magazine.

If the Southern Region is the same as other PCGB regions that I've experienced they'll be a group of very nice people but not as 'enthusiastic' about driving Porsches as people on here and nothing like most Piston-Headers I've met.

Better than nothing 'til next Spring though. :thumb:

Ar brillaint more people to annoy :) haha thank you!

unfortunatly the PH season has also pretty much come to an end, i know a few 911 owners who daily drive but they arent "that" technical. I want to maintain mine myself so want to know everything i can :D

:bandit:

Hi Andy, I live in Southampton myself and have a 996 C4 Cab, I have only been to the 50th charity event at Goodwood in October. I to am starting to look to see if there are any meets in the south as always a great excuse to give the car a blast. Good luck with your hunt.
Andy

Hi Andy,

Will keep you posted if I come across any meets too. Are you with PH as we usually have good turn outs at the West Meon Hut or the Empress.

Ive decided that too much knowledge maybe a bad thing and just read so many horror stories. So ill buy a car a bit below my budget and keep a couple grand spare just encase! But ill learn what tele tele signs to look for when buying!

Im in Southampton and a PHer. I have the GT2 bodied 993 its been to both south coast sites. I am more than happy to come and look at cars for you when decide the time is right. PM me your number if I can be of any help.Regards Chris

therevday said:
Im in Southampton and a PHer. I have the GT2 bodied 993 its been to both south coast sites. I am more than happy to come and look at cars for you when decide the time is right. PM me your number if I can be of any help.Regards Chris

Hi Chris,

Thats brilliant thank you - id certainly take you up on that offer with beer rewarded as youl know exactly what to look for while I learn :)

I wont start really looking til the spring - get this winter out the way.

Do you have the silver or yellow one? ;) Im usually there in my Yellow Forge sponsored Cupra race car.

Speak soon,

Andy

Hi Andy.

Seems to be a few of us in the Southampton area.
I have had my 996 C2 for a year now and love it :D
If you want a quick look round the car get in touch :thumb:

Hi guys,

Wow yer love your 911's at the PH meets. There was a silver 996.1 at the last PH breakfast club but I only noticed it just as I was rounding up my boy to take home.

Thanks Paul, thatll also be cracking to meet up and you can walk me around your 996. Be great to be show me on yours what to look for

:D Paul, Chris, you guys can take it in turn to come with me to help look at 911's when I do start my search ;) haha beer will naturally be rewarded.

PM me your numbers, will be great to meet you both and get a mini 911 meet together soon so i can poke!

Thanks,

Andy

Small world Andy

That was my car at the breakfast club meet :D

Nicer looking than the Aston parked next to me :thumb:

Hahahahaha very small world!! Looked lovely and will defo have a chat over it soon. Will get Chrissy to arrange another breky.

Hi Andy,

I work at Goodwood, so if you are in the vicinity let me know and
you can have a look around mine.

TB

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeff dussault
Back