Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GTS options

Smokey

I’m viewing a 991.2 gts this weekend.

I really don’t know much about 991’s.

Is it missing any options that I would miss?

I’m not concerned about no sunroof. I like the look of 911’s without them.

A bit worried about the 4 way seats tbh.

49CEC1E7-BD4E-40E3-A9F4-F75598F075BE.png

That’s about right. Just a few points to add, a lot of cars are specked with the glass sunroof which comes with a blind and adds to the design as the roof becomes all black. I’ve owned two 991.2 GTS models, one manual with fixed carbon bucket seats and no sunroof or park distance controls and one PDK with all the aforementioned missing options. I didn’t enjoy the bucket seats, they always felt I was leaning back and the manual gear change/clutch felt light. Just my personal opinion. I’ve got a 996 & 997 both manuals and I much prefer the gear change in these. The PDK I felt was much more suited to the car, it was very intuitive and a superb drive.
I can’t remember if Sports Chrono & PSE with the rotary steering wheel controller came standard but these are essential. The lowered ride height did not affect suspension suppleness at all and it can comfortably be used as a daily. Overall, the 991.2 GTS is a wonderful car and I will be getting back into one once the last 2019 models drop in price.

I think GTS interior is a must otherwise it’s a c2S with power kit. 4 way seats is not a deal breaker, some would fuss about 18 way memory etc and sun roof just adds on more weight ( personally I don’t like it).
All the best!

That’s about right. Just a few points to add, a lot of cars are specked with the glass sunroof which comes with a blind and adds to the design as the roof becomes all black. I’ve owned two 991.2 GTS models, one manual with fixed carbon bucket seats and no sunroof or park distance controls and one PDK with all the aforementioned missing options. I didn’t enjoy the bucket seats, they always felt I was leaning back and the manual gear change/clutch felt light. Just my personal opinion. I’ve got a 996 & 997 both manuals and I much prefer the gear change in these. The PDK I felt was much more suited to the car, it was very intuitive and a superb drive.
I can’t remember if Sports Chrono & PSE with the rotary steering wheel controller came standard but these are essential. The lowered ride height did not affect suspension suppleness at all and it can comfortably be used as a daily. Overall, the 991.2 GTS is a wonderful car and I will be getting back into one once the last 2019 models drop in price.
Fantastic sum-up msaif996!

I’m viewing a 991.2 gts this weekend.

Is it missing any options that I would miss?

I’m not concerned about no sunroof. I like the look of 911’s without them.

A bit worried about the 4 way seats tbh.
Hope the viewing went well and you enjoyed the test drive. What did you think?

In terms of options, this GTS has most of the desirable ones already ticked such as PDLS and cruise. Glass sunroof would allow more light into the cabin and especially welcome if the interior is largely made up of dark hues.

The standard 4-way Sports Seats Plus are very supportive and arguably better than the 14-way Sports seats which don’t offer as much lateral support. If you can get the daddy of electric seats which is the 18-way Sport Adaptives then that would be by the far the most comfortable option of all. Buckets, on the other hand, might be a step too far for a Carrera.

All other GTS options are largely cosmetic and may not offer more in the way of driving enjoyment.

I’m going to have a look this weekend, but I have a few reservations.

I don’t want to waste the guys time.

I wrongly assumed all gts had the same interior. I didn’t know there was a gts interior pack for a gts.

PDLS headlights are awesome, and they look great with the black housings.

Homelink is a cool option if you have electric gates or an electric garage door. Looked at retrofitting to my 991 and it's insanely expensive to do for what it is!

In terms of the interior, a GTS can be optioned with full leather seats but that's not what most buyers want. Most people prefer the RaceTex inserts.

It’s weird they have the Alcantara pack and the gts pack.

Really confusing.

I never even considered the headlights as a plus point.

I thought models like the gts were an easy option for uninformed idiots like me.

GTS interior comes with carbon bits , some contrasting stitching and Alcantara.More desirable when it comes to selling.
PDLS, sports exhaust are std.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZACal
Back